Thread: No More CI's?
View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-16-2018, 11:44 AM

As with any site there is no guarantee when you donate. I think that's why it IS called a donation...its a language technicality unfortunately. I've donated to gaia in the past and even though I still have money left I dont expect them to refund it even if I dont use the site anymore or if it dies. Yes it sucks that I have unused mennies sitting in my account but I wouldn't expect a refund...especially from a website that obviously has no money...all the donations back when I was staff barely met operating costs. And that was a few years ago...now since people have probably stopped donating period in the last year I can bet we are operating in the red. (I also think of it like a kick starter project. Kickstarter states you are making a donation to help fund a project. There is no guarantee that you receive the product and kickstarter isnt responsible for it if you dont receive it since you made a donation with the expectation of receiving something...you didnt actually purchase a product)

I would like to see single pose cis as well...that would be a nice way to say we are still working hard. But it sounds like something happened with Wishie and I think Cora might be the only semi active pixelist now. I'm just taking a guess there. And there is only so much Cora can do. Especially if she is working on the next event items. If there is a next event.

I don't know...I think this whole situation sucks and it upsets me but I also understand that at least the small handful of active staff left are doing their best to control what they have the power to control. They literally can't do anything about any of these issues...zig, howdy, cora... they can't fix the site. That's an insomniac thing and it doesn't seem as though he has been on since he moved the server and broke it.