View Single Post
M i r o
Comatose

Old 09-19-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo.love_22 View Post
Her eyes, but yes - it's two layers of felt, with stuffing, then another layer sewn on top of that, and then a sequin, and a bead on top of that for each eye. :]

I've not slowed down since I moved down here a month ago. Like seriously doing something every day, and the stress has finally caught up to me, believe me, it's not fun. But I am slowly taking time to reassure my roommate that she's not a bad roommate - half of the craziness this past month is due to her - but not in a bad way, it's hard to explain - and that she needs to focus on getting better now. We didn't expect for all of this to happen.

I don't see them much where I am now, but they're everywhere - goldfinches - everywhere at home. I'm really pleased with how lifelike the felt one turned out. :] It was a bit tricky, as there was a lot of free hand embroidery to get pieces to look just right and that's one of my weaknesses. xD
Aha! I got it right :) I can see. It's like the inverted way of making an octopus. You've got the right idea, you just cut out 4 pieces that are shaped kind of like a leaf and then you sew them together one by one, on the traced lines.

I want to attempt to make my octopus kinda of like Ty's stuffed beanie babies. They made a polka-dotted pink octopus with BIG glittery purple eyes! ITS SO CUTE But the octopus legs are sewn on like a bottom half instead of sewing the legs on one by one. I wish I had a tutorial for that. T A T;

Oh, well I hope she gets better. And I hope your nerves don't get shot. I can understand that perfectly and I feel for you! Hopefully the craziness will lessen so you can.

Well, you're very lucky! The only birds I see are Hawks, Vultures, Red Cardinals, Blue Jays, Robins and sparrows. That's about it. :(

rofl - I don't fancy thimbles myself. I've stabbed myself quite a lot lately.