View Single Post
fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 12-19-2011, 07:05 AM

“Run away with me.” Mr. tall, dark, and handsome said.

“I don't know you. Why would I do something like that?” I laughed at the ridiculous joker.

His smile was too wide and showed a childish wonder. “Because you can? Because you want to take a chance? Because you want to see what it is like? Pick any reason. The world is an open opportunity and we are here to take it.”

“Stranger. Tell me what your name is and perhaps I will consider it.” I said.

“William.” He bowed in an exaggerated motion.

“Tell me William, where on Earth would we go?” I asked. Humoring the man.

Long black hair shone blue in the moonlight and his eyes sparkled above high, proud, cheekbones. “Why limit ourselves to the Earth? We could go the moon and back if that is what you want.”

“What I want,” I said, “Is to go home and sleep for the few hours that are left in the night. I will be a zombie at work tomorrow as it is.”

“Such sad, small aspirations you have. Surely you do not wish anything more grand for yourself? Only sleep and work?” He shook his head and tsked as if it were a great tragedy.

“Excuse me? Who are you to criticize what I wish for? Who are you anyway William?”

“I am someone who wishes for adventure and the freedom of the world. Someone who thought you might be a kindred spirit. Truly, I am sorry to have offended.” Said William who stepped forward to meet me, touching his hand to his breast. “I misjudged you madam and I assure you it will not happen again. Please, before you go may I know by what name they call you?”

“I really must be leaving now William.” I said, in a rush to be in my car and driving away.

“A name? That is all? What harm is there in giving me your name?” His voice was honey.

“My name is Annie.” I said and dashed away to the comfort of my lonely vehicle and a soft pillow waiting for me at home.