View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM

At the sound of Talon's voice, Azaela smiled happily and sat up. "I thought you might have died," she said, "I am glad you did not." She would have been terribly upset at the thought that she might have killed her only human friend. "I'm okay too. I have never transferred all of my powers before, it was just tiring." In reality, it was dangerous. Had her powers not returned for some reason, she would have remained in a sleep state until they did, if, they did. Not to mention, with each time she transferred her powers away, the harder it would become on her body. If she did it too many times, she would surely die.

She sat in the floor blinking owlishly after him as he threw the hutch aside and exited the room. Was the danger gone now? She worked to pull herself to a standing position once more. She headed slowly and steadily towards the door trying to master human legs when she heard her friend call for her. She picked up the pace, keeping one hand out to grab onto something should she need assistance.

Within moments she stood beside Talon, proud of herself and looking overboard at the human climbing up the rope. What was she doing in the sea? Azaela wondered. Her eyes looked out to the ship approaching. It too was dark in color. She had never seen such dark ships in her lifetime, and now she'd seen two in one night. She smiled, more human friends! She looked eagerly to Talon. "Friends?" she questioned, not having heard his jumping ship comment. She grabbed the wooden railing and leaned forward waving to the new ship. What an exciting night this had been.

When the ship pulled next to Talon's and planks were placed between the two ships, Azaela wondered what they were for. Of course! As Ryek moved across one she smiled happily. Humans were so much more friendly than her father had said they were.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Gemma raised an eyebrow at the elf when she placed a hand on her pistol. "What a time to try and shine a stupid compass," she said with a slight eye roll."So because you don't see it on his desk in all the places it could be on this ship, you assume I stole it?" She took a step forward towards the elf, "And you're going to threaten me?" That was certainly a mistake. Just because she'd never killed someone before, didn't mean she wouldn't start. Not with a map like that at stake. She would do whatever it took to get it back and have that treasure to herself. Not to mention, she didn't care what this elf was worth alive, that treasure map was easily worth twice as much, just for the paper and writing alone.

Her hand lay on her knife. She could easily have it out of it's holster and thrown into the elf's forearm just above the pistol before she ever knew what had happened. But she felt the ship come to a stop. She frowned at Belle, "We can finish this later, if you don't value your life," and she disappeared out the door to see what was going on. As she emerged on deck her eyes found Ryek crossing a plank onto the ominous black ship. She moved to stand where the planks connected. Damn Ryek boarding a ship like that. She waited and watched. At the first sign of danger she would board as well and defend that damn pirate. Without him, she wouldn't know where her map was. She crossed her arms and studied the other ship. It didn't actually appear to have a crew, how strange. She sat on the wooden railing and eyed the shirtless man and overly happy female across the planks.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 03-18-2012 at 08:03 PM..