View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 AM

So they were agreed then, Ryek nodded when Talon spoke, when the man gave his name, Ryek smiled. "I have many enemies, though most are members of the navy, they tend to make enemies of all pirates." Ryek had waited a few moments, looking over that note once again when Talon stepped out of the room, now he crumpled it in his hand and dropped it on the desk before following the other man out of the room. "My crew will obey me, and I'll tell them to obey you. You might have a hard time getting them to understand you though, they only know French." Ryek stepped up beside Talon and surveyed his crew. They had started to relax a bit, none of them had made a move towards Talon's women. Such a well behaved crew, Ryek was almost as to part with half of them.

He put a friendly arm around Talon's shoulders before shouting to his crew in French. For a brief moment they only stared at him, then his first mate began moving through the crowd of them counting. A few men shouted back at Ryek, a challenge, or an insult. It didn't matter, Ryek answered him with angry words and the whole group fell deathly quiet as the first mate divided them up evenly and sent them towards Talon's ship. Ryek leaned towards Talon, his lips centimeters from the man's ear. "They'll understand well enough if you point in a direction and say 'Go'. They know what 'weigh anchor' is. Other than that, you'd probably have to teach them to understand you better. Still, they're a good crew and they'll stay with you. I told them you're my brother." Ryek laughed softly. "It isn't really a lie. We are brothers. Brothers of the sea, all pirates are, really."

It would take a while, but Ryek's crew seemed unbelievably loyal to him, and they obeyed him. They trusted him wholly. The half that would go to Talon were already moving across the narrow planks to board the ship. Ryek didn't know of any pirate who commanded a crew that was half as loyal as his was. "Captain Talon, I do believe you are no longer a crew-less captain. Honestly nothing is more depressing than a captain with a ship and no crew. Be careful that such a thing doesn't happen again, I don't think my poor piratey heart could take such news again." Ryek gave Talon's ear a playful nip before he pulled away and began shouting further instructions to his men.