View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 12-26-2014, 07:48 AM

A knock on the door woke Jameson, the sound of it seemed to burn in his head. Looking out his flat window he grumbled as the sun had not started to raise yet. “curses and brimstone.” The sound echoed through the flat again. “hold you blooming horses.” Pulling his feet from the blankets he hissed at the cold. Looking down he grumbeled as he realized that he had forgotten his slippers in the small kitchen nook. There was no helping it, he was going to have to answer the front door without his slippers.

The floor was cold and bear of any covereings, the few painting on the walls were ones that had come with the flat and they did not match the decore in any way. He really needed to find a better place in this city, but then a constables salary did not pay quite enough to get a home that would be more suited to the middle class, unless one started with money or ones wife had some. Pulling on a morning robe he shuffled over to the door.

The man on the other side was tall and rather well muscled for the uniform. The buttons were straining at their strings trying to hold in his muscular chest. Jameson dogged as the mans rather large fist came down towards his head trying to knock on his now open door. “and how might I help the fine men of the B.U.R?” tilting his head to see beyond the man infront of his door he saw the three officers. Each of them seemed to be a bit out of sorts as they shifted trying not to draw attention to themselves.

Two of the men beyond he recognized from days working with the Thymes patrols but the third was a slim ginger who had a foxy look about him. his green eyes shifted up and down the hall as he tried to blend in with the others. As Jameson looked back at the large man he caught the glow of a werewolf.

“your requested at the tower.” Jameson blinked at him with a blank face. “did I studded little man?” the large werewolf leaned in his lips drawn back in a human version of a growl.

“No big man you did not? But tell me is it that closer to the full moon that your already going fluffy?” he stepped out of the way as the large man tried to grab him. the man fallowed him into the room cracking his fingers.

“now now Rupert, let’s not harm the constable.” The ginger quickly moved to fallow his partner, laying a hand on his elbow as the large one raised his fist to strike. Jameson was already acrossed the room to his uniform his fingers almost on his gun. the large man growled and stood up straite glowering at Jameson. “now then constable Lin,” the gingers voice wavered with unsertanty. “there is talk that concerns both the slums of London and the B.U.R. and we were sent to bring you in to talk, it was thought that you might know something of what is going on. But seeing as we did wake you I do not think that we will need to take you down to the tower.” The man looked over the room, at one point running his finger over the mantle.

As Jameson watched him survey the room the other two officers walked in and closed the door. Something about their movements’ did not sit well with him but since he could not place his finger on it he filed it in the back of his mind. “and what might I have heard that would help you?” the more he spent around these the more he wanted to keep quite.

“oh just talk, talk that might pertain to our king and the conanent.” Finding one chair that he felt was clean enough the ginger sat down. “you of course know our friends here.” The man waved his hand back at the two officers that now stood guarding the door. Jameson contemplated if he would be able to shift quick enough to get out of the wolfs grasp and out the window or if that was a suicide plan. “and Rupert here is a gentle soul if you don’t go pushing to many buttons.” Jameson raised an eyebrow at that but did not comment. “and you can call me mister smith.”

“will mister smith.” Not like that is your real name. he thought. “I don’t hear much talk that has to do with our king other then when the boys down at the pub drink to his good health.” His accent grew thicker as his mind tried to calculate the many different ways to escape these men.

“well if you do happen to hear anything you will let us know,” mister Smith tilted his head to the side, much like a fox but there was no glimmer of excess to him. “just leave a note for these two gentalmen and they will pass it on to us. This is not to go beyond this room you do understand?”

“oh yes quite clearly.” Jameson’s head twitched as he tired to keep them all in his view. He might not have the nose of a wolf but he was smelling a rat. “for king and country and all that.” He saluted as mister Smith stood and tipped his hat to Jameson.

“very good, they will be in touch with anything else that we might need an ear for.” With that they turned and walked out of his room. They seemed to have accepted that he accepted them. in no way could they have been B.U.R. so who would hire a lone wolf and did the B.U.R. know he was in the area? Shaking off the robe his bones shifted and broke as black pin feathers ripped through his skin.

Moments later the raven shook himself out and hopped up onto the window sill tilting its head it listened and then fallowed the men that had just threatened him.