View Single Post
Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2014, 08:34 PM

Allan locked the doors after Sarah hopped out and triple checked that he was in the right spot. They always had new officers in Crystal Cove, mostly newbies training to understand some of the stranger cases, sometimes cops from the cities who wanted a break from high profile crimes, and occasionally on-lookers who transferred for a while to see if everything that happened in Crystal Cove was a hoax or not. They never lasted long against the Sheriff's scrutiny. In fact, most of the long-time staff were born and bred. To anyone who had grown up around this sort of thing it was perfectly normal.

Despite knowing exactly where they needed to go, Allan made sure to say 'hi' to May at the front desk and he asked that they could be directed to the proper evidence room. Their usual guide being Sheriff Dodson's deputy; the current Shay Morris. "Hey, Shay," Allan shook his hand before they started walking, "How's that new transmission doing?"

"Swell, just swell," Shay nodded. A large ring of keys swung on his finger. "Thanks for catching that. I can't imagine how long I'd be working to pay off a whole new one if you hadn't seen something wrong."

Allan thought Shay was a nice guy. He had graduated and gone off to college while Allan was still in junior high. In exchange for buying half the parts and free labor, Shay would tell Allan about everything he did while living outside Crystal Cove.

"Well, I'll leave you to it. Boss man's not here, and so long as you're gone quick, I don't think he'll mind if I get paperwork done."

"Thanks, Deputy Morris." Allan closed the door and went up to the TV. The big, clunky TV-VHS hybrid had seen better days. "I heard a lot of schools in bigger cities don't even use these anymore. Everyone gets an iPad that stays in the building," He said to Sarah. Crystal Cove really was stuck in a time dimensional rut that collected random things all throughout history.