View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-06-2016, 08:20 PM

Andrew had followed Violet from the barn, surprised to see the fury and rage on Alan's face as he beat the infected. He was forced to pull Alan away, who had entirely destroyed what was once the head of the creature. Apparently Alan had snapped, and was still not fully alright, considering he was gasping for air and struggling to get away from Andrew. When he let Alan go, his friend took several steps away before turning to look back at them. His eyes were wide, a strained expression on his face. "You alright?" Andrew asked, taking a step towards him. Alan only moved back a few more steps. He didn't know what caused this sort of reaction, they had taken out a few before... though it had been with a gun from a distance.

Alan didn't answer Violet when she returned, he retreated further, towards the well that was a short distance away. Andrew didn't bother to give chase, instead he turned to Violet, wiping his hands on his pants, the blood leaving streaks on the jeans. "He'll be fine. I think." He didn't look so certain, but perhaps Alan just needed a moment to process it, and to calm down. "No, I don't think we could leave you guys out here on your own." He scratched his head, not sure if it was okay that he was speaking for the both of them. "We're trying to make our way home, to check on our families, yah know? If you don't mind comin' along, I'm sure Alan wont mind." It was going to be a long trip, it wouldn't hurt to have some company.

"I'll talk with Alan when he calms down, and we can sit and make some plans... We'll probably stay here another night or two, but then we'll move on." He nodded towards the barn, "Why don't you go inside, check on Daryl. I'm going to clean this up..." He wasn't sure how, he could move the body, but blood seemed to be splattered everywhere. They would need to make sure they were careful around it, if they didn't want to risk getting infected. "Any blood on him needs to get cleaned off, carefully? Make sure it doesn't get into any cuts..." He hoped Alan had not been compromised in his fury. He knew he didn't have any cuts, but there was a hell of a lot of blood.

Leaving Violet behind, he searched the area for some wood. They needed to get rid of the body if they didn't want to attract more of them, so burning it seemed to be their only option. It didn't take long to throw together a small pile. Alan had finished washing the blood from himself and silently helped Andrew drag the gory mess to the pile of wood. They had made it a long distance from the barn, but he still didn't feel good about it. Not that they had much of a choice. Alan went back to the camper and got a lighter and some fluid, as well as changed into a clean pair of jeans. When he returned her threw the bloodied jeans on the pile and doused it with lighter fluid. It was quick to light and the flames were hot, causing them to back away. Still Alan said nothing, but Andrew didn't press him as they made their way back into the barn.