View Single Post
Neon Giraffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 AM

Joey smiled and kissed her gently. "I'll be here," he said. He hugged her, then left to go back to school. On his way out, he saw the kind nurse. "Hey, sugar!" she said with a wink and a flirtatious smile. Joey lifted his hands out of his pockets and sent a subtle wave her way. He slipped his hands back into his pockets, shrugged up his shoulders, then left for school.

Whispered whirled around Joey as he walked through the halls. Beautiful girls smiled to his face, then gossiped as he turned away. Everyone knew that something was going on with An, but no one knew what. Joey knew what was going on. He knew people were spreading rumors about him. He went to the office and asked the secretary to make a brief announcement. Minutes later, the bell rang for his next class. A few minutes into that class, the P.A system clicked on. With a sorrow tone and a few desperate sighs of hope, the nurse read,

"Good afternoon, Ridgeway High students.
I would like to inform you, that one of our students has been critically injured.
In order to stop rumors, I was asked to tell the real story.
This past Saturday, Anastasia stormed out of a car into the street.
She was hit.
The past few days, she has been in and out of a coma.
The future is looking bright, and she has been progressing.
But, nonetheless, we need to keep her in our prayers.
Please allow a moment of silence for Anastasia,"

Everyone was silent, but stared intensely at Joey. He twiddled his thumbs and stared at the ground. A few tears rolled down his cheeks.

"That is all, you may resume class,"

After school, on his way to see An, he pulled out his phone. On his social media page, he posted, "Looking for a date for prom...like or text me if you're interested," and with that, he knew it wouldn't take long. He walked into the hospital, got a visitors' pass, and made his way to Anastasia's room.