View Single Post
Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2016, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
3. Having the rp ditched in the first 1-3 posts or just as worse, after the question "who's going to start it?" when everything is ready and you've got a bubbling idea in your head that you now have no release for. Come on people, can't you at least stick around for more than one post before you decide the rp isn't worth it. I know a bad rp can been seen quickly, but isn't this too quick? Give the rp a chance!!

5. Really nice characters. You know, that really sweet and shy girl (sometimes guy) that forgives everything, wants no trouble, always backs down, never yells, or hates, a complete follower. I run into these ALL the time. These people aren't mary sue's really. They're even fine characters sometimes, but eventually it just gets really boring because I quickly run out of things to do in the story. This also goes for those damsel in distress chars!
*I've found a word for this: Hood Ornament. Sure some characters who are very sweet and shy are sometimes not hood ornaments, but because it's so overdone, I end up dislike them too. Which is sad. Don't make me dislike something I shouldn't. :(
#3 Totally Irks me. I've had rps I was super excited about be completely dropped because the person just didn't want to give it a chance. And what's worse is they stop responding so I don't know what was wrong.

As for #5, I actually have a character like this and because I know that she doesn't make a great rp character I have her paired with an older sister who is hot tempered, paranoid and violent. Makes things a lot more interesting :)

But also something you didn't mention that is on my pet peeves, I hate not getting back what I put in. If I write someone four paragraphs of really nice story telling and get back one line. It irritates me so much and makes it hard to respond again for me.