View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-03-2015, 12:10 AM

At the mention of trees, Mannik's eyes seemed to light up, the longing he barely ever let show filling his face, and for once making him look like his rather young years, instead of sullen. He had never seen a real tree. And here, even their plants were hard and drab. Even just imagining a tree was amazing.

She'd moved on, and was tying off the string. Mannik's normal mask fell into place, and he sat up, his fingers moving over the stitching. It was much neater and tighter than he'd ever been able to do. He glanced at his bare chest, suddenly rather self conscious. Adelmar came from such a different world than him. He doubted the female would have a single scar on her body. No wonder she saw them as vicious heathens. He glanced to his shirt, which was soaked with blood, and tugged his jacket on with a sigh. Without the layers, it would be rather cold tonight.

Still feeling strange, Mannik licked his lips, and cracked his neck, before having to clear his throat so he could speak. "Thank you." The word felt so strange on his lips. "That reminds me." He tugged the tiny square water bottle from his jacket, and set it on the ground next to the tiny packet of roots. "There's not a lot. Try to save some for breakfast, yeah?"

Just like the night before, Mannik moved to a corner of the room. He lifted a gun, about to remove the bullets like the night before. He seemed to rethink it, however, and stuffed it back into the holster. "W-what else?" Mannik heard himself say, his voice sounding rather unsure. "I mean, besides the obvious...what else is different, up there? I...uhm..." Adelmar had shared a little of herself, so Mannik attempted to do the same. "I got to try this thing once, they said it was a 'chocolate cake'. It was the best thing I had ever had...Do you have those a lot?"