View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:35 AM

Dorian's steadied gaze trailed over Akio's hand as it passed to his heart, drawing wonder as to what had affected the other in his words. He didn't need to wonder long, thankfully, as Akio spoke up in reassurance that he didn't need to change his lifestyle for him. He said he would try to continue supporting him. A hesitant grin became Dorian's reply as he wondered over his own response for a moment. Then, testingly, he began, "You didn't need to ask." He spoke calmly, then chuckling slightly. "I have already changed my life by acting out for you, but I did it of my own accord. Of my own planning. Do not feel as if you need to reassure me that my actions are my own. I appreciate the gesture, but I assure you, I have decided this of my own accord." This being said, he had taken quite the drastic action here. Dorian was well aware of the consequences of involving Celes with his little plan to keep Akio safe, as well as those that now came with Byakuya knowing of their scheming. Of course, to top it off, he had merely left Celes to fend for herself, not that he could have been of any help in this. The two had been rearing towards tension for quite a time now. Still, it would have been expected of him to at least remain in court, if only to watch them rip each other apart.

In a way, by abandoning his court duties and showing his clear feelings for Akio, he had already done as much as to dedicate his life to him. It now hung in the balance as to what happened to Akio, and how humanity handled its situation. His worry seemed to show. He soft chuckle left him as he received the kiss on the cheek, sending a grin in the other's direction once he heard his words. "I would want it no other way." He replied firmly, gently taking up one of Akio's warm hands to hold between his own. Dorian's golden gaze lingered on the other as he was asked of his father, finding the subject change a bit of a surprise, but certainly not minding it. His eyebrows lifted slightly, eyeing the other curiously. He supposed it was only natural to ask, as he had taken him to this old shop... Dorian's gaze shifted to move about the room slowly, ending up trailing along the piano before them as he gathered his thoughts for a moment. He'd never been asked of his father before.

"He was kind, honest, hard-working, always seemed rather content with our humble lives here. He played often for people in town, gave lessons to those who both could and couldn't afford them, always supported me and my daydreaming." He paused, a slight frown coming to rest upon his lips. "I would like to think I had taken after him for a time. However, after... After my execution, his health faded quickly. People in town said he was heartsick. I couldn't bring myself to come visit, though I often passed by to see him. I became a wretched thing after that experience, and even more so seeing the effects my death caused him." Running a hand back up through his hair, Dorian's gaze yet focused sadly on the piano before them for a moment before he shook his head. His father had long since passed now, and he had answered the question he was given. There was no need to dwell. Even so, as he lifted his gaze to meet Akio's again, the thought of Marcel passed him by. Akio was not him, however; he was quite a bit stronger. Taking some comfort in his presence, Dorian's gaze then moved calmly to where he held the other's hand, a small smile playing on his lips.

"You also lost a parent. What was your mother like?" He questioned with a gentle voice, careful of the subject in a measure of understanding. He had heard of her briefly, earlier on in their time together. Shifting his gaze to Akio, he caught the blush residing there as the other seemed to avert his gaze. Had he said something? One of his eyebrows lifted slightly with a small rush of deviant curiosity, but he didn't question it for now. The subject didn't call for it, but the look on the other's face was something to take note of. Dorian found himself wishing to question what he was thinking, but... Perhaps it wasn't proper right now.