View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 11-23-2013, 12:33 AM

Nine and Cion

Deep within a city off the coast, the buildings were crumbling and collapsing. Various types of plantlife had creeped into the streets, making it look more like a jungle now than a city. None would have guessed, that only a few short years ago, this had been one of the major cities involved in the world’s future. Ironically, it had played the biggest part within its end.

Along the streets, a few shadowy forms darted around, growls and odd noises were the only thing that carried through the air. A thick fog had settled low to the ground, having rained the previous night. Farther within, one of the buildings stood at an odd way now. It looked a bit as f something massive had taken a bite out of the side, as a gaping hole was where the stones once were. A sign laid on the ground, half covered by the plants reading:

“Department For Reserch And Development”

This had been one of the labs used, and it had been one of the most influential ones. Not for only helping to create this disaster, but to help try to correct it as werll. Dr. Karnoff had spent his final days here, working to correct the trouble he had caused. To do so, he had worked in secret with only those closest to him that he trusted on a vary important project. Eight experiments, each with abilities of their own, who would be trusted to take on the task of saving the world and rebuilding humanity.

There had been another, a ninth he was in the process of working on. He had just finalized the work, but before number nine could be activated, the reaserch facility was attacked. What happened next is a mystery to most, but the Dr. was lost. In this facility now, the halls were a disaster, overrun by the natural world. Down in the lab, it was not safe either. However, within the darkness a small blue light began blinking. A mechanical voice came over the lab’s system.

“Bio signs normal…Stabilization complete. Regeneration complete. Experiment Nine’s activation….imanent.”

A part of the wall folded down near the blinking light, to reveal an odd capsul like pod. The glass cover on it clouded due to dust and such. It gave a slight burst of steam, rising off of the pod. The mechanical beep of a heart monitor sounding in the room. Inside, a male laid upon a sort of cusion like interior. For a moment nothing happened, a light growing on one of the panels by the operating stations.

Another glass like lid opens up, and an upside down teardrop shape lifts off of it. A blue light forms across the screen of its face, soon turning into the semi shape of an eye. Compartments open up on the side, and long slender arm like apendages slide out. “Oh my head…” one of the arm like apendages moves to the main body, “hey wait…I’ve been activated?” The robotic form gave a spin in the air, “oh man this is great!”

It then noticed the pod, and the male, floating over. Poking the male with one of it’s arms a questionmark appeared where the eye had been. “Wakey wakey…we don’t have all day.” The male within slowly began to stir, his eyes fluttering open. The vision behind them was blurry, and it took a few moments for him to focus. When he did however, the floating robot was his first sight. He sat up, a bit to quickly.

“Nnn…” a hand went to his head. “Whoa take it easy” the robot says, “you had massive work done, you shouldn’t sit up so fast.” “Who…are you?” he asked. The robot seemed to beam, even if it did not have a mouth to smile with, “unit VK-87315692” it replied, “but you can just call me Cion…and you are…” a blue light shot out of Cion’s faceplate, scanning over the male.

“Experiment number nine, age sixteen, name….unknown….mental enduced abilities” the light faded. “That’s odd” he tapped his faceplate, “seems I have not been updated with your full stats or even a name. I’ll have to report this….” He turned, surveying the lab, “on second thought….looks like we should figure out what’s going on here first.”

The male looked around a bit at the destroyed lab. What was this place? He slowly stood up, moving around to get a better look. "What is this place?" he asked, Cion floating by his side. "Hm, readings indicate it's home...or supposed to be. The Department Of Reaserch And Development" he said, "it is where we both origionated." It was odd, a creepy feeling begining to grow within the male.

Something was not right, he could not explain how, but he could feel that they were not alone. He placed a hand on the doorframe, looking out into the dark hall. "I'll do a quick scan through the security system" Cion said, "should tell us a bit....um...still no idea what to call you, so Nine I guess will do for now." He grew silent as he began, Nine moving into the hall more, looking into the darkness beyond the hall.

Something was there....he could feel it. A slight growl came, a pair of large yellow eyes came from beyone. Freezing, Nine looked into them, they were filled with a bloodthirst and killer intent. Suddenly, a large form shot forward towards him. He fell back, looking up into the eyes of a large black cat like creature the size of a van. Odd quill like apendages shot out from it's back, folding close to its body as it growled sharply.

"Whoa, that's new" Cion said, moving over, "I don't think we want to stick around to find out what it wants!" He raised his arms, a blue shot of electric energy shot from them, hitting the creature. It roared, turning away. It pulled at its snout with a massive paw. "This way!" Cion turned, taking off down the hall. Nine did not hesitate, jumping up to follow. The two ran, soon followed by the crashing and roaring sounds of the beast behind them. A light opened up ahead, the two of them breaking free of the building and out into the air beyond. The beast not quitting, staying hot on their trail and closing in.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 11-25-2013 at 11:44 PM..