View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-03-2013, 02:50 PM

Just as Ryker expected, the monsters came. It was nice to know that some things in life were still predictable. As Ana jumped out to defend, Ryker followed Masuyo behind the tree. While the woman tried to piece everything together, the rusty haired male attempted to give her some simple first aid. It wasn't much, but at least the blood wasn't visible anymore. With a good final tug and a proper bow, he smiled up at the woman before standing again.

When her lips finally parted and she questioned him, Ryker laughed. "You probably don't remember it, but we were pretty high in the air for a while. As you assume, I was part of a group of experiments. My enhancement was agility. I can jump and run faster than anything you've ever seen before." Ruffling her hair, he continued. "I'm one of those 'older experiences' so I've had a while to really master my senses. I've trained myself to feel and hear what the eyes cannot see. Although I could not sense you, I could sense the monsters. Most monsters don't circle in that sort of pattern unless there's something in the center. When I took to the sky, I saw you and knew I needed to step in." Bashfully, he cheeks flushed. "And it has nothing to do with being a hero." The redness slowly faded. "It just has to do with making sure everyone's alive and happy."

By the time he was done explaining, the situation had new twists and turns. New arrivals had appeared out of the tall grass. Although Ryker didn't necessarily know them, he did see two objects rustling the grass a few paces back. He had miscalculated their speed and direction. With a heavy exhale, he was at least thankful that these two were friendlies rather than foes.

When a cable box was tossed at him, he looked down at it with a dumbfound expression. He missed a part of what Masuyo had said, but he did catch the part about needing to wire it up properly. In a jiffy, he followed suit and had everything in place that needed to be. Green orbs turning back to see what his next move was, he caught a glimpse of the woman fumbling and falling. "Better watch it! Wires like to do the wiggle, or so I was told!" Poking his tongue out, he let the woman know he was just teasing.

With the wire in place to slow the monster attack, Ryker had enough time to check on Ana's well-being. Brow cocked, he moved back toward Masuyo. She seemed rather smart, perhaps she knew who these other two men were. A look of distrust glimmered in his eyes as he tried to piece everything together. "Masy, do you know who those two are?"