View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-18-2015, 03:59 AM

Aaheru scampered back down the cliffs, sliding on the rocks every so often in his hurry. When he reached the edge of his village, he slid to the ground, hiding behind a rock as he buried both hands in his hair. He found himself trembling, even the end of his tail curled tightly in a spiral. "O-oh god! What did I just do!" he gasped. Now that the confrontation ended, he could think about it, think about and despair. He couldn't believe he did such a thing. But no, he needed to do that. He lifted watery eyes to take in the cluster of stone, square buildings that made up their village. The compact ground gave way quickly to loose sand and in the distance, winds stirred it up into the air. Still, it wasn't far from the ocean or the rivers that fed into it so the sparse trees with their deep roots offered shade here and there.

"Aaheru! Where have you been?!" a voice boomed. The young lizard jumped, realizing too late that a figure cast shade over him. A fist clenched in his hair, yanking him up and out of his hiding place. "I told you not to make more trouble for me! Did you even go to the market or did you..." The man trailed off as he caught sight of the scimitar at Aaheru's feet. "Brat!"

"Father! I just borrowed it!" he whined as his scalp burned from the yanking on his hair. He found himself forcibly dragged to the edge of the village where little houses bunched together, climbing against each other without even a walk space between most. "And you didn't give me enough money to buy anything useful!" Just before he was shoved into the short entrance of one of the homes, Aaheru glance back to the cliffs with a determined gaze. Yeah, he would definitely go back there as soon as possible. He had unfinished business.