View Single Post
Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:54 AM

Leanne ran up to the door of their townhouse, rushing in to find her father just coming into the entrance hall from the kitchen with his arms crossed over his chest in disappointment and disapproval. His chubby face held a deep frown with his forehead creased in years of worry over her.

"You're late," he grumbled.

She sighed and tilted her head to the side as she shrugged, her hands holding out the bakery box. "Traffic held me back."

"You don't drive," he countered, taking the box from her as he pressed his rough lips to her forehead. "Thank you."

She rolled her eyes when he turned his back to her as she shrugged out of her jacket and placed it on the hall tree before she headed up the stairs to her bedroom where she opened her desk's top drawer and bring out his envelop that contained his birthday card.

She came down the stairs and met him in the kitchen, finding him already biting into one of the cupcakes. She placed the envelope before him and kissed his temple as they wrapped an arm around each other.

"Happy Birthday, daddy," Leanne murmured to him.

He nodded his head, swallowing his bite of food before he spoke to her. "They asked me to head in tonight."

Leanne frowned. "But we were supposed to go out for dinner," she quipped sadly.

"I know, sweetie. But it's an emergency. Some paper work from some arrest last night and the detective wants to have a meeting with me," he said with a shrug. "Nothing major."

Leanne sighed, wondering what she was going to do with herself tonight. A Friday night, where most of the people she knew would be out partying, hanging out, or clubbing. What will she be doing? Nothing because her father wouldn't allow her to go out at night without him.

Sometimes he's so over-protective, she thought, but then again, that was his job. So she waved it off for the millionth time in her life.