View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 05-22-2015, 06:05 AM

Seeing the young elemental enter the tavern, one of the people within hesitated. His hand rested hidden within his coat for a moment before he chose to let his weapon remain sheathed. This was ... neutral ground. Elementals weren't to be harmed here. He'd reminded himself of that many times that evening.

This one ... looked troubled. In fact, everything about her spoke of a broken heart. She was dull to her surroundings, not caring if there was danger. The hunter wondered if Gaia would even run if her life was in threatened here. Something had happened to this delicate-looking creature. Elemental or not, she deserved a moment's peace.

Valen stepped forward slowly, his black eyes lingering on Gaia. He chose a seat beside her, even though she went through great pains to stay out of everyone's way. He said nothing, and leaned against the counter in silence. Valen stared at the mug of tea he'd brought with him. He pushed it against the woman's arm, bumping her gently.
-

In the corner closest to the door was a pair of cloaked figures. Lydia fingered the edge of her hood thoughtfully, sipping at her cider. Her companion was grumbling about something under his breath, and reached up to jerk the hood from his head.

"I hate them."

Lydia's amber eyes flickered to his, and for a moment she looked annoyed. Then she saw the challenging glare in Malik's gaze. She calmed herself and took a calm sip of her drink. "I know you do. But you always draw attention with that hair of yours, Malik. Just once, I'd like to be able to sit through a meal in peace before having someone question you."

Malik sneered, his scarred features looking all the more feral. "Let them come. It would be more interesting than sitting here and waiting for you to eat." He finished off his ale faster than any human would have managed, and immediate motioned for more. As much as he hated social gatherings and taverns, he knew how they worked.

Lydia shook her head and thanked the woman who set a plate of warm bread and tender meat before her. "Please don't start any fights. I ... know some of these people." She pulled her cowl further over her features, again trying to look relaxed.

"Do you now, pup?" Malik's bronze eyes scanned over the other occupants thoughtfully as he lifted his second mug to his lips.

Last edited by Esmme; 05-22-2015 at 06:12 AM..