View Single Post
Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:14 AM

For the Delectable Dishes Category....

Mama! mama! Look What I did!
username: Saravi Boo
description of item: It's a simple casserole recipe I make sometimes, but I decided to dress it up like a present for the holiday. ^_^ The casserole is really easy to make: 2 Boxes of chicken stuffing, a smallish bag of frozen vegetables (I used a mixed bag of Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots), pre-cooked chicken breast strips or chunks, two cans of cream of broccoli soup, and two soup cans full of water. Mix it all up in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake at 375 degrees (Fahrenheit) for about 40 minutes or until the vegetables are done to your desired tenderness. I decorated it by tossing a couple of handfuls of the dry stuffing in melted butter mixed with green food coloring and then sprinkling them on top. Then I used my potato peeler to make thin strips of carrot, which I used to make the ribbons. ^_^ I think it turned out really well.
entry link/image: Full View With Name,Top View,Bow Close-Up

and for the sweets category

Mama! mama! Look What I did!
username: Saravi Boo
description of item: Little pound cakes dressed up like presents. The cakes were store bought but I made the icing out of pistachio pudding mix and whipped topping. The rest of the decorations are made of white chocolate chips, colored sugar, and fruit roll-ups. My nieces decorated cakes too and we had a great time doing it. ^_^
entry link/image: My Four Cakes Overview,Cakes 1 and 2,Cakes 3 and 4,All the cakes together (including my nieces' cakes).

It was really fun making all these goodies! I should do this more often. Thanks for having this contest. It really inspired me. ^_^