View Single Post
Luna Riven
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 01-01-2011, 10:38 PM

I have a picture with all three that has the name tag I made in the background and then closeups of each cake with the name tag. Sadly I can't get a picture of all three together anymore because they're mostly gone. XD

Mama! mama! Look What I did!
username: Luna Riven
description of item: Carved and decorated cakes! I made these cakes for my family for Christmas. Each cake was hand carved and iced, a process that took a total of three days and many long hours spent carving, icing and decorating.
~The log cabin cake for my dad is a chocolate cake sliced into layers using dental floss (it works wonders) and then layered to look like a log cabin with icing in between each layer. The shingles, door, windows, and walking path are life cereal pieces, the snow mounds are white cake covered in icing, and the snow on the ground is more white icing, all covered in sifted powdered sugar to look like snow.
~The sunflower cake for my mom is a chocolate cake, carved into a round and then the petals carved out. The seeds are chocolate chips on top of black icing and the petals are piped orange icing.
~The igloo cake for my sister is a white cake carved in two sections, the igloo and the ice bank. The ice bank was covered in white icing then patted to make it look like snow drifts. The igloo was covered in blue icing and then smoothed out with a heated knife to look like ice and then carved to look like ice blocks. The silver balls are to look like tiny silver snowflakes. The penguins on the side are just buttons from my mom. XD

entry link/image:
All three together:
Each individually: Log Cabin Cake ~ Sunflower Cake ~ Igloo cake

(sorry for the wall of text, it was just a TON of work! XD)

Last edited by Luna Riven; 01-02-2011 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: spelling fail, sorry