View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 02-09-2015, 02:55 PM

Klaus and Nexus

From the depths of one of the tents, a rather pleasant melody rose. The sound of a violin being played floated out among the area where the current caravan was set up. Inside, those who were a part of the dark circus, would most likely know who was behind it. He had a fancy for music, especially the violin. A tall slim pale figure, who seemed near ghostly, with the contrast of raven hair. The front held white though, giving a sort of light and feathery look that framed his handsome features. Crystal blue eyes closed for the moment, as expert hands worked with the string instrument. Note by note, the song unfolded. A peaceful and light melody, accompanied by the movements of someone else in the tent. One might not exactly call her a someone else, for the her in question was not a living thing. Upon first glance, the two could have easily passed for twins.

Upon further inspection though, the truth slipped out. It was more apparent on her than him, her eyes did not hold any life within their crystal gaze. She showed no emotion, her face a blank canvas, unless the other wished it. In many of the dresses and other outfits she was placed in, the jointed limbs were more noticeable. The female in question, was a large puppet. The other, a male, was known by the name Klaus Liore. And whereas his body held the same joints, and more solid yet light form of a puppet, he was so much more. Klaus used to be alive, but that was years ago. He was born to a man who practiced magic, a man who started out helping people. After an accident however, the man had made a choice. He had placed Klaus’ soul inside this body, inside this puppet. A magic that was considered dark, a taboo.

Though necromancy and such existed, messing with the balance of life and death was always a dangerous thing. The world had a way of correcting and balancing itself back out. And thus, Klaus’ father had been cursed, eventually leading to his death. A shame, but Klaus had come to terms with it. Before the other died, he had taught his son to control the magic that had begun to grow inside of him. Klaus’ specialty followed in his father’s footsteps. His father had been a puppet master, a craftsman and a lover of the art. Klaus’ body had been his greatest work, incredibly human like, and now with Klaus’ soul, so much more. That had been a long time ago though, Klaus had long since left all that behind, he was not even sure if his home or the people he had encountered along his way were even still there. Now, he resided here, working alongside the circus. Klaus smiled lightly, his mind on nothing else but the music.

The beat flowing through him, into his puppet, into his sister. He had created her, some thought they knew why. Weather they claimed it was because he was lonely, or something else, he never tried to change their minds. He did not even need to touch her to make her move, nor did he ever need to touch any of his puppets. His magic in puppet mastery, allowed him to be able to manipulate the forms of his puppets with merely a thought. Came in handy when performing. It allowed him more range, more of a chance to thrill, keeping people guessing, as to how he did it. The song came to a close, and he opened his eyes. The form of his sister giving a light curtsy before standing up straight. He sat the violin back into its case, before moving over to her. He extended a hand, to which she took.

Molodets moya sestra” he smiled. Practice finished, he led her from the tent, to one which stood as a makeshift dining hall. He himself was not bound by basic physical needs or limitations. His body allowed him to not require things such as food or drink. He did not need to sleep, nor was he affected by such things as illness or pain. Sometimes he missed it, and he knew some felt sorry for him. They viewed it as a sort of curse, in exchange for eternal life. He would never age, nor would he ever die. No, that was not fully true, there was one way to cause his death, though thankfully none wished him death. He did enjoy cooking for the others though, making them tea or coffee. Standing now within the tent, the entrance flap was soon pulled across. A form entered, one he knew all to well. Taller than he, lean and fit, the male had more of a tan to his skin.

His longer raven hair was cut near to stubble on one side, while long bangs on the other hung down. He kept the rest pulled back into a pony tail, out of the way. He wore a pair of simple black sweat pants at the moment, accompanied by a gray tank top, and a black hoodie that hung off of one shoulder, hinting at the ink that ran over his body underneath. He currently wore a pair of black sunglasses, though behind them, Klaus knew the eyes that belonged to this man. They were different than other’s, black where normal ones were white, the iris’ red like blood. Who he truly was, and where he came from, none knew. They called him Nexus, his stage name, the nickname of Nex having been part of a tattoo that looped around his neck. He walked over, slipping onto the bench of a picnic like table within. With a groan, he lowered his head onto his arms.

Klaus tilted his head in a curious manner, his sister moving over to sit on the opposite bench from the other. “Pozdno noch'yu moy znakomyy?Klaus asked. The other groaned, “English…please…Klaus chuckled, “forgive me…late night my friend?” he repeated. The other lifted his head a bit, now resting his chin upon his arm. “Sort of….” he said. Klaus smiled, “how many drinks did you have?” The other frowned for a moment, “I lost count after thirteen.Klaus blinked for a moment, though he did not need to blink. Old habit. “Thirteen?” he sighed. Nexus the table lowered his head again, “hey…not my fault I have a higher mental tolerance for the crap.Klaus shook his head, “and now you are hung over.” Hearing that, Nexus stood up quickly, “I am not hung over!” Unfortunately, the room suddenly started spinning, a hand moving to his head. He groaned, slipping back down to sit.

Ok….just don’t tell Alberich” he said in a quieter voice. Klaus finished a cup of coffee, moving over to sit it before the other. “You do not wish for me to tell the ringmaster, that you are hung over” he chuckled, finding it amusing. Nexus put his other arm over his head, “yes…give me a bit, it will wear off quickly. Besides, you’d need a drink to, if you saw some of the things I did.” He traced a black polished finger along the rim of the mug, “people are messed up.Klaus sat across from him, “ah, is that why you avoid the minds of people who work here?Nexus sat up, finally removing the glasses, “the last thing I want to know is what goes on in the minds of some of the people here….especially the animal people…I don’t swing that way.Klaus laughed, “and what about me?” he mused. Nexus gave a playful smirk, “now you I would not mind getting inside.”

He winked, before laughing, “you’re one of the few people who don’t drive me bananas around here…” The glasses went back on, before he took a sip of the coffee. “I am honoredKlaus rested his head on a hand. A smile was his answer, as Nexus looked up at him. “Guess I should meditate huh…get rid of this before Pipper finds out” whereas most called Alberich by his nickname Piper, for some reason, it always seemed to remind Nexus more of pipper, so it stuck with him. He did not fear the other, more bold and inclined to say it to his face. Downing the coffee, he sat the cup down, standing. “Thanks mate…and if you ever change your mind about letting me find out what makes you tick” he smiled again, “you know where to find me.” With that, he gave a lazy wave, slipping out of the tent.

Quote:
Molodets moya sestra ( Молодец моя сестра ): "Good for my sister."

Pozdno noch'yu moy znakomyy? ( поздно ночью мой знакомый? ): "Late night, my friend?"

Last edited by Kiyoto; 03-01-2015 at 08:36 PM..