View Single Post
onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 02-04-2014, 05:57 PM

So I go to anime conventions. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept... if you've ever heard of a Star Trek convention? Think that, but replace people dressed as Kirk and Spock with people dressed as Sailor Moon and {insert random character here}. And if you still don't know... then I can't help you, because I'm not sure if I could explain what an anime convention is without taking at least a half-hour.

Anyway. I go to anime conventions -- generally, about three a year. My next one is Katsucon, being held in National Harbor, MD from 2/14 - 2/16 this year. So a chunk of my time right now is trying to get ready for this; and believe it or not, something like this does take a lot of preparation for. So that's pretty much what I've been doing for the past month or so -- registering, purchasing bus tickets, making sure cosplay is ready to go, packing, buying supplies... Surprisingly, I'm almost done. There are just a few more items I need to purchase, I don't have too much left to pack. At this point, I should be pretty much almost done by this Thursday(2/6).

After that, is just impatient waiting. I'm almost certain I'm working the entire week up until Wednesday night, but still. I can't wait!