View Single Post
Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 AM

Saoirse frowned thoughtfully, as the girl’s question flitted through her ears. But, she couldn’t help but smile gently, when she heard the girl’s passionate statement about her fellow buccaneers. “You know, I didn’t exactly become a pirate by choice…” She muttered, twisting her fingers in the drawstrings of her bustier. “I suppose that I have a rather—cynical view of pirates… though—trust me—so far, you’re the exception to my beliefs.” Folding her arms over her chest when the girl made an attempt to bribe the man beside her, the brunette contemplated letting her go. After all, she was just a kid… Dismissing her thoughts, Saoirse let her shoulders sag. If she knew of the whole emotional turmoil thing beforehand, she would have never agreed to come along.

Perking up when she heard the girl begin to sing, Saoirse strained her ears to drink in the melody. Setting her hands upon the bars once more, she observed the youth. 'Are we really going to spill the blood of this child?' She asked herself, chewing on the inside of her cheek.

"The sea looks so beautiful.." Echoed the girl's statement in Saoirse's mind. Cocking her head to the side, the brunette focused her eyes on the tiny aperture that the ailing mademoiselle was staring out of. “I would have to agree with you, mon ami." She said out of the blue, absentmindedly tapping a melody against the iron. "The ocean’s waves always enchant those who look upon them during the evening sun… It’s as if the water is made up of many, tiny lustrous gems swaying with the tide.” Noting how late it was, the brunette decided it was high time for her to head off.

Offering one final smile to the girl, Saoirse stuck her hand through the bars. "I'm Jacques Saoirse de la France... And, while typically, after my grandiose introduction, I would tell you that I'm pleased to make you an acquaintance—ravi de faire votre connaissance—I think that would be in bad taste, given the current situation."