View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 07-29-2012, 08:35 PM

Both Warren and Vincent kept quite the ride to the house. They passed through rundown areas and then through upscale building till they came to another part of town which was not the best of neighborhoods but not the worst. The building on the sides of the beautiful Victorian were boarded up and their paint flaking. The Victorian itself was covered in old paint some of it looked in the light of the moon to be falling off but there seemed to be a picture in the cracks and flakes. Something about the look of neglect seemed wrong, as if it was just a façade put on to hide it. The windows were new, the molding was bright againted the aged backdrop of the siding. “I like the painting Warren.” Vincent said as he looked up at the building when he stepped out. Turning to Blaire he smiled. “would you like to see it as I do?” when she nodded yes he opened himself so she could see it.

The cracks were actually carefully laid lines of paint that formed tiny pictures, much to fine for a human to really notice in this light and maybe even in the sun. Warren had a talent of painting pictures inside of pictures so only vampires with their heighten sight would see. Warren turned back to look at them then waved for them to fallow. The tiny pictures formed a large scene of a deer hunt in the trees. Each of the hunters faces seem to fallow the viewer as they moved but still watching the deer they hunted. “Warren makes all his paintings for not only humans but for us as well. There are a few humans that sometimes catch a glimpse of the beauty he leaves there for us, which I think is why his work is in so much demand.” With that Vincent closed off from her his sight then walked to the house.

As they entered his house a young man was walking out of it. Looking at both of them he smiled and bowed his head to Vincent before passing them. Something seemed to pass between warren and the man but then he was gone. “it will take me a bit of time to set up the circle,” warren said as he lead them into the entry way. The walls hinted at pictures that might be there too. The walls seemed to be covered by crimson velvet yet up close it was clear that it was a trick of the light and paint. “the parlor is over there and you can wait there Vincent, I will request the help of you dear twin to speed the work along. You will find a bottle in the cabinet there you can have if you still need it.” Vincent nodded and turned to the left of the door to go to the parlor. In front of them was a staircase that seemed to be in the middle of being redone and to their right there was door where Warren now walked to. He had placed his cane in a stand near the door. It was carved as was most of the rest of the wood around the house.

It seemed that this house was just another canvas for Warren to turn his hand to decorating. As he slid the doors to his studio open the face of a lion appeared and then disappeared in the wood grain of the door. Beyond the door was a room that smelled of oil paints and every surface seemed to be covered in paintings. Some were stacked three or four deep without frames along the bottom of the wall. “Welcome to my studio, you will be the first human welcome here.” his eyes twinkled with the smile he did not show on his face. Before she could speak he had the rug pulled back, the stands put away and a set of two silver circles reviled set in the floor. “all I will need from you is to copy this down in chalk without making a mistake.” He handed her a paper with a drawing of words written between the inner and outer circles. The writing was none that she had ever seen.