Thread: Heat & Rust
View Single Post
Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-31-2017, 08:11 PM

Chance snorted, he might be untrained but he liked to think that he and his dragon were in perfect sync and if they truly wanted to lose them then he was more than confident that they could do so. Though that is not what they wanted to do at the moment. He was also not worried about them knowing where his home was considering the fact that it was not a secret or a well-kept one for that matter. After all being a healer, a doctor meant that plenty of people knew where he was so that they could come to be treated.

On to more important matters though, like the devastated village they now all resided in. For the first time that the males had met earlier that day, Chance had a very serious look upon his face, the smile that seemed to be always on his face, it was now gone. This was always the hard part of being a leader of a rebel group, having to disperse his men so that they can help cover and care for all the damage that is caused but mainly being the only one that could care for these people in such away so that they could heal and be able to start their lives anew.

He smiled as a small girl brought him a very small cup of water to drink. His face softened as he brushed her hair out of her face, a sad look crossed his face at seeing the bandages that covered her. He sipped the water before letting her drink the rest of it, pulling off the bandages that seemed to cover half her body. Revealing that she had been severely burned. His heart broke for her, he gently touched her wounds before pulling a homemade poultice out so that he could cover her burns with it before wrapping her up with clean gauze.

He smiled as Erwan spoke up to him, offering his own medkit for him to use as well. "You know that you don't have to do this. After all, these are your supplies that you would need." he said to the older male as he covered his hand with his own, stopping him from continuing his actions, searching his face for a moment. Seeing the gentle look on his face, he squeezed his hand before letting it go. "If you and Hayden could treat the minor wounds and help rotate the villagers for me to treat then I would be extremely grateful." spoke gently as he lifted Erwan's hand up to press a soft kiss to it before releasing him. Turning his attention to the job at hand.

He soon sent her on her way after making sure she was not in pain, handing the poultice to her grandmother and giving her strict instructions on what to do about it and for her. Wiping the sweat from his brow as he looked around, the day had grown older without him noticing, and it had also grown a whole lot hotter. His eyes wandered over the area, a lot of people having been treated with thanks from Erwan and Hayden helping him out by treating the minor wounds.

"I made sure that the other dragons know to eat the charred cows." Laila said to him mentally as she walked up, her once blinding white fur and feathers were now dirty with dirt and slowly drying mud. "I already ate but I caught plenty of fish for you and the villagers. They are cooking and cleaning them now." she nudged him affectionately, spreading her wings out to help shade him and some of the others from the sun. She looked at the other two, knowing fully well what Chance was thinking about as he looked at them.

"Ah. Laila. Thank you so much for all your hard work love. We can go bathe later to get you all cleaned up again. Chance said to her as he nuzzled back, making sure not to touch her with his hands as he moved on to another patient, this time he had to deal with missing fingers instead. Hayden's experience with being able to help with healing, had not gone unnoticed by Chance, in fact, it made him feel a bit proud that he had the skills though minor they may have been.

He often tried to teach others how to do what he did but it just always boiled down to them only being able to handle the minor wounds and unable to stomach the far more severe ones. He continued to work hard to caring for the people, stopping once more to rest, he still had plenty of people to take care of and he still needed check on everyone that he had already taken care of and probably change their bandages again. "Hayden, Erwan. Laila told me that the villagers are cooking some fish that she caught for everyone. Don't worry about your companions, she let them know about the dead cattle so that they are able to eat. You two should go a head and eat. Take a break and rest up for a while as well. This is still going to take a while." Chance said to them, being discreet about mentioning their dragons as he did not want to upset anyone to much with the knowledge of two more dragons waiting in the woods.