View Single Post
Bishalisious
💕Deliciously Sweet & Bishy💕

Old 05-14-2015, 06:23 PM

This crazy weather. Last week we had a heat wave, high 80's with humidity. This week were in the high or low 60's! My allergies are kicking my ass & I feel crappy or doped up on Claritan or Benadryl. But I'll live. I go threw the struggles of seasonal allergies everytime the weather changes abruptly, when the pollen count goes up in the summer or if I go out after the grass is being cut. Siiiigh... One year after swimming at the beach all day, I came home & commenced to have a never ending sneezing fit until I popped some pills & went to bed. I remember thinking that damn, maybe I was allergic to the seaweed? Dunno... I always prepare now and take something for those just in case moments.

I'm a little fragile when it comes to my ear, nose & throat. I've experienced two episodes of being diagnosed with ear infections as an adult & my doc scared the shit out of me when she shared that catching ear infections at my age could affect my hearing! Smh, the pain & discomfort was terrrrrrible plus my equilibrium was affected. I pray I never ever experience another one & in the process of learning my levels of "sickness" I know better than to just let a lil cough or a sneeze go by without being observant of what severity it ranks. In January I caught a cold but also suffered from laryngitis for like 6wks! Thank gosh it wasn't the damn flu & it sure as hell shouldn't have been since my job mandates that everyone gets their flu shots (administered right in the hospital by the nurses during what we call a flu clinic) and I've been getting one before that rule took place for the past 10yrs. Obviously the shot doesn't stop u from getting sick but it does decrease the symptoms & longevity of an illness.

Others just need to remember to sneeze or cough into their elbows or cover their mouths with Kleenex so I dont pick up the germy germs. I do tend to wash my hands a good amount even at home. I wont ever allow anyone to touch anything in my kitchen unless they wash up too. I love the tropical scented hand soaps. Matter of fact, I tend to prefer all things dealing with hand or body soaps smell that way or of coconuts. Lotions too. Its like a sweet but exotic smell that last a long time after use. I do not like the vanilla smell or cucumber melon. I use to like both or could at least tolerate both but nope, both smells make me feel queasy now. I'm the same way about scented candles. My favs for years have been a Cranberry scented one or Apple, but not the Apple Pie Cinnamon smell. More like a fresh fruity scent. The smell from either is so soothing & nice.

Last edited by Bishalisious; 05-14-2015 at 06:37 PM..