View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-26-2014, 08:24 PM

"They will fix me," he said with more conviction than he actually had, staring out ahead. Damn, if he wasn't on the receiving end of her straight for the jugular pestering, he probably would be amused by her spunk - she really didn't know how to let things go where they concerned her. He still was a little, actually, but Sophie's last statement made his jaw tense and he turned around to face her. "Look," Ryan started, staring her down effectively considering he was good 5 inches taller than her and swaying on the edge between rage and giving up.

"Even if I previously could have considered helping you out before I deliver you," he picked his words carefully, considering that this was as far as he could hint his plan. God, when had it become his plan anyway!? It wasn't like he owed anything to this blonde chick. Despite the inner turmoil, Ryan continued smoothly: "This is a game changer." Long and pale finger pointed at the wound on his face. "I can't return empty handed if I want to live. It's nothing personal." Perhaps he was holding onto that line a little too tightly and falling anyway, because this 'mission' had clearly become personal on some level.

"Now, I have to focus on getting back before things get worse and this conversation is over once and for all. If situation..." there was briefest pause as the man picked his words, "changes, I will know what to do without you pointing it out. Let's move." Ryan felt headache building in his temples and he wondered if it was from what was happening to him or simply from this frustrating situation. Maybe from both?

He turned around and headed for the fire escape stairs, quickly licking his lips in fruitless attempt to wet them, but his mouth was just as dry. That probably was from stress, because despite his futile attempts to ignore what it was, he was under a lot of stress. On too many levels. He quickly descended, trying to walk lightly so not to raise too much noise that could attract unwanted attention. Soon, they were on the narrow street and heading around the building towards main street. Ryan's hand was on knife's hilt, hyper-aware of any noise or movement around them.