View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-26-2014, 09:15 PM

They would huh? Sophie wasn't so sure how much faith she'd put into a they who hunted and kidnapped innocent girls, but hey, what did she know? She wasn't so innocent. A thief, sure, but it wasn't like she was a murderer or anything. She couldn't imagine what she was needed for.

Sophie had a hard time worrying too hard about it. Worry just wasn't in her nature, and besides. It was probably all just some big misunderstanding. And, if she'd stolen from them, she'd just give whatever shiny trinket it was, back. No big deal. She resisted the intense urge to tell him not to get his panties in such a wad. He was worried. And despite his attempts at hiding it, Sophie could tell. Who wouldn't be a little stressed out about becoming a brain eating zombie?

He was already running off, and Sophie mulled over that bit about him helping her out before the scratch. Had he considered helping her at some point? Well, she would have never guessed that. But that he said it, made her look at the situation in a new light. Maybe he really wasn't all gung-ho about kidnapping innocent girls. Maybe, he was being forced to do it. Nah. He could just run away, surely. Right?

The white-haired wonder was already at ground level when Sophie snapped out of her thoughts and began her own descent down the fire escape. When she caught up to him, she reached out and placed a hand on his arm. "Hey listen," she said quietly. She wasn't really one for sentiments. She hesitated, clearly looking for words. "You'll be great," she said. "Well, not great. That's not what I meant. I mean, no kidnapper should be described as great, probably. But I mean fine. I'm sure you won't turn into the living dead." She gave him a smile. She really was bad at that.

"Things always work out in the end," she continued, moving ahead to look around at their surroundings. "Just like with, this," she gestured to herself and to him. "I'm sure your bosses are just confused. In no time at all, you'll be a normal dude again, and I'll be on my way. Like nothing ever happened. Except you'll probably still be a kidnapper. You should probably look into another career though. This one is really mean. And you know, you don't really have the personality of a kidnapper. I mean, your physique is off, and you're actually hospitable, and even though you try to hide it, there's something behind all that tough guy act. I mean, you're tough, clearly. But you really don't have the big scary psycho, locked in a closet as a child, can't get a girlfriend kidnapper appeal."

All the while she'd been blabbing, she was scouting the area around them. When she finished talking, she turned to see him again. "Sorry," she said. "I talk a lot when I'm nervous. Sometimes I laugh. It's really inconvenient. Obviously." She was doing it again.