View Single Post
Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-27-2019, 07:15 AM

That’s me! Both back then and now. I’d always have key scenes that were interesting that I’d want to flesh out but no idea how to connect them... so I usually just jumped around.

Most of the stuff I did wasn’t actually DnD but similar to it. We did a little of Pathfinder, which is very similar to DnD (and was originally a spin off I think?) but we also did a lot of my online friend’s unique game system. And honestly, I preferred his system much more since you rarely were stuck consulting guides for how much damage a whatever does against whatever (DnD is full of technical rules) and it encouraged lots of creativity and storytelling. But it also requires someone who is good at being a game master, which is probably the hardest thing to find.

But maybe you can find a group online? You’d be surprised how fun it can be even if you aren’t in the same room with each other. There are free online services that let you use custom maps with characters for game boards so have a visual aid for everyone to follow along too. I’d love to get back into it someday.