Thread: Nights' Inn
View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-30-2017, 01:44 AM

Mira looked to the innkeeper when the man spoke, uncertainty clear in his blue eyes. A bit of confusion when the man referred to that woman as Mira's friend and he glanced at her. Questioning, wondering what words had been exchanged between the two before he had returned. He blinked, almost stunned at the offer of such lavish food.

He wasn't good enough to eat roasted boar, or fresh bread, or even warm stew. His heart was pounding hard in his chest again from fear. Was this a trap? But didn't this only help to prove that the rules beyond those walls were different? Mira wasn't so sure. Everything was far too different, he had expected small differences. Gradual change, but this was too much and far to fast.

Surely even beyond the walls of the estate, fresh cooked food wasn't to be wasted on the likes of him? Was that a normal thing out here? Those golden chains clinked softly as he raised his hands to cover his face. "Sir, I am not worthy." If this was a test, or a trap, his response was proper. He had no idea how these people might react to those words if they had been sincere in their offer of fresh food though.

Mira dropped to his knees, those hands still hiding his face. As if he were afraid to look upon these people anymore than he already had. His voice was filled with fear when next he spoke. "I have done nothing to deserve fresh food...I am happy and eager to accept the scraps and leftovers that are more fitting to be served to one of my station."

He lowered his hands, his eyes on the floor and his body seemed to tremble the slightest bit. Fresh food would be wonderful, but he dare not think about that. Even thinking about such a thing was not for one such as him. Mira was feeling very overwhelmed and very unsure of how to deal with any of this. Why had he ever thought he could survive beyond the walls of the only home he'd ever known?