View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-28-2015, 04:50 PM

Whatever she had expected as his reasons, this hadn't been that. Mae didn't interrupt his story, not even once, nor did she urge him when the silence fell, other than taking his hand (it was cool, as if the death's cold touch was taking him as well). Her own hand holding his began trembling softly as the truth was revealed and she finally let his palm go, to clench fists in attempt to contain her rage that simmered inside, threatening to burst out at any moment.

But when his story came to an end, the furious emotions softened at the sad look in Saith's eyes and she did something spontaneous. Well, maybe not entirely, as she actually hesitated for a second before drawing the man into a hug. "It is not your fault," she spoke with conviction. "You have done more for her than anyone else has and perhaps because of you, the next tragedy can be prevented. Her fate was most likely sealed the moment she fell in their trap." At this her grip tightened, her one hand digging in her other to the point it hurt and she abruptly released the dark elf from her embrace.

"In fact, if anyone is to be blamed, it is I. I knew of the disappearances, yet I have not done anything more than requesting police presence be doubled and placing warning posters around the campus and repeated through the radio. I should have investigated, pieced together that..." her shoulders trembled for a moment, before she could continue, "that students from here are at fault. Even if mere pawns." The woman shut her eyes, trying to calm down and regain her composure, but she felt shaken to the core.

This man everyone thought to be a common trouble maker, even thug, he saw and took care of things no one else did. She believed him, wholly, the pain in his blue eyes far from fake. Was this Lenalie someone he cared about in particular, that he would feel this guilty? But, no matter! It was no concern of hers and that unpleasant tug on her heart at the thought was absolutely shameful. "There must be something I can do, without raising suspicion so they don't run into underground, that would help and protect the people," Lacrimae spoke out-loud, already thinking over every possibility. The game and playful mood was forgotten now.

"Don't lie to me. Are you with them?" she hissed, grabbing the man by shirt's collar and pressing him, slightly raised from the ground, into the fence. It was effective enough as, after trying to distract her from the matter by insulting the knocked out fool (which made a wry smirk pull at the corners of her mouth), he admitted to finding her on purpose.

"That's bulls**t," Marwo's reply was instantaneous and a tad bit cruder than she usually spoke. No one would seek her out to just walk her home! It was the most ridiculous thought, excuse, whatever, someone had sputtered in front of her. Yet, nothing in his conscious or subconscious mannerism suggested Pinkie was lying. She let go of him as if he had burned her, stepping back with kind of sneer. "I am not afraid of things that go bump in night, they are afraid of me." From any other woman, it would sound like shallow bragging, but there was something about her that made the words seem all too real.

"And if you think your sweet little act can get you some of this," suddenly she was again close to him, so close her body brushed against his, fingernail trailing down his cheek and then on neck, probably sending pleasant shudders down his spine, as her dark painted lips hovered mere millimeters away from his, their breaths mingling, and her half-lidded eyes staring into his the way stronger men couldn't resist, "then you are wrong." Her hands pushed him into the chain-link fence again as she moved away, eyes blazing.

"If you follow me one more time, you will end up wishing those f***ers were interested in pink haired weirdos!" she spewed a threat before disappearing into darkness as if she had never been there in the first place.