View Single Post
Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 PM

Animal Farm is one of my favorites! I love Orwell. Have you read 1984? It's my all-time favorite book.

Was Bossypants good? I've been interested in it.

I've been reading a lot of YA too. I'm doing most of my reading before bed, and my brain just can't handle big words and complex concepts at that time, apparently. :lol: I read The Golden Compass, now I'm giving Harry Potter a reread. I haven't read any of the books since the week the 5th one came out. I have the 6th, but by the time I tried to read it I had forgotten so much from the previous books that it wasn't making much sense to me, and then I never got around to rereading the series until now. I'll have to buy the 7th, I never got that one.
After I finish that, I've got two John Green novels lined up (Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska), then I'm going to try stepping out of YA and read John Dies at the End by David Wong. Then I think I'm going to read Wicked. I've also got this that I really want to read, but every time I open it, my head swims for some reason. I don't know why, I'm just having issues, apparently. :lol: That's why I've been reading so much YA, to try to get me back into the reading groove. I also want to take a shot at the Otherland series, my mom's got it. I've tried before, but I've never gotten further than halfway through the first book. It's a really interesting series, but it's also... long winded and I kept losing interest. Hopefully this start-from-the-bottom-and-work-up approach I'm doing will mean I can finally tackle it by the time I get to it.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 01-02-2012 at 07:42 PM..