View Single Post
Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 12-03-2013, 02:54 AM

Chumana shook her head as she saw the look in Ryker's face. He hated this place more then anything, which is why she hadn't really given him a choice and just teleported. Giving him time to make her feel guilty about thinking of coming to this abandoned city always resulted in her never going. The girl always felt like she was betraying her father whenever she went against Ryker's wishes. Sighing softly as she looked around, she had the most recent memories that they knew of for their experiment father. The hazy memory o fa man carrying her in a rush of desperate movement came back to her mind's eye.

Looking down at her wrist where the number eight resided, permanently etched into her skin, the woman looked up again. Nothing seemed out of place. No place of human civilization not overrun by plants and wild life. It amazed her how much Mother Nature had become mutated in such a short time. Walking over to a car rusting out and covered in plants, she glanced through the dirty glass to see no signs of life ever being inside. Yet being here, she still felt in her gut that she was missing something.

Glancing back to Ryker as he jumped, she then took the moment and swiftly trotted to the end of the street section and looked down all four streets. Why could she never remember where the lab was? Ryker knew, but he never talked about it. Chumana didn't have the heart to ask him anyway. Suddenly with a rush of air, he was back at her side, but this time with another woman. Shock ran through her system as she looked down at the other female and then noticed her injury. "She's hurt Ryker." she said bluntly and was about to pull out her satchel of herbs when there was a roar.

Spinning on her heel, she saw the huge quilled beast, snarrling at something behind a pile of rubble. "Ryker keep her close. I think we may need to fight this one out." she said, her hand touching the dagger case on her thigh. Suddenly her bright green eyes landed on a robot, and not just any robot. "Cion!" she said shocked. Of all the things she remembered about her enhancements, it was the robot that had cared for her the most. "I got this one." she growled suddenly. Taking off at a run, she let out a yell. The beast looked towards her and then suddenly was crushed by a car. Stopping in shock, she looked to the robot and saw a male behind him. "Cion!" she called, and disapeared with a pop and appeared next to the robot and male.

"Don't freak out. I'm here to help." the woman said firmly and then smiled down at the male reassuringly. She was just freakishly tall. "Cion keep him back, I will kill this beast." she said smoothly and then reached out before her, and suddenly a quiver and bow landed in her hand. Pulling the quiver on her back, and taking the bow in hand, the woman drew an arrow. Aiming at the beast under the car as it rumbled and shook, she pulled back and released as soon as she saw the beast. It hit its chest, the only part not covered in quills. As it reared in anger, she teleported again, shooting an arrow at its back to make it turn. As it saw her again, the beast charged, and she grinned. Shooting his chest again, the beast nearly got to her, but like smoke, she was gone through his grasp. This time she was on top of the rusted car. Her bare feet feeling the rusted metal and intune with the rumble of earth from the beast turning one more time.

Taking in a calming breath, the native woman met its gaze as it charged. "Your spirit will not be in vain. Join your kin in the plains of paradise." she said and released the arrow. It smashed through the beast's eye and out the other end of the skull. Blood spattered the ground with a sickly black color as the body skidded along the ground and stopped. Smiling proudly, she sent a grin to Ryker knowing he taught her the way of going at different angles to kill. He probably also nearly had a heart attack that she took this beast by herself, but she also made a point that she could take care of herself.

Walking down the car with a fluid grace, she spoke under her breath in her native tongue, and knelt in front of the beast. Holding her hands over it's head, she released the soul of the beast as was customary of the hunters of her village, and then stood. Smiling brightly, as her nose piercing caught the light, she approached Cion and the male again. "Cion, I don't believe it! I am so happy you are alive and well." she said and reached out to pat the robot's head as she used to do when she was young. Turning to the male, she looked him over and then offered him a smile as well.

"I am Chumana, and I see that you and Cion here seem to be friends. Any friend of Cion is a friend of mine." she said lightly, her accent coming out more then usual. "Would you two like to join us back at our cave? Ryker and I have a bit of meat cooking and with this new kill, I will make more for so many people." the woman explained lightly and then motioned for Ryker to come over. As nice as she could act, the woman still came off as cool, and very strange. Her people had never been around city folk or really was seen by many white skinned people, so it was always something hard for her to deal with making a good impression.

Avoiding the eyes of the new male, the female slowly walked back a bit and waited for Ryker to approach. She didn't like seeing how people viewed her. Ryker had a large heart, he was able to accept her because he had raised her ever since she was saved. But these people really only saw the 6'4" amazon like, tattooed, pierced, and weird clothed woman. Plus with her powers of teleporting being used and shown, that just added another oddity to her nature. Realizing this she mentally receded back into her usual quiet and distant demeanor towards new people.

Last edited by Seer Of the Future; 12-03-2013 at 03:00 AM..