View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 09-25-2016, 03:36 AM

There was a startling bit of news today. News that Driscoll hadn't been able to prepare for, but of course he was just worrying for nothing. Or was he...? Benny had told him today that, also today, they'd be getting a new hand in the sanctuary. He wasn't sure he was alright with this, a delinquent... in the large home they took care of these orphaned, unwanted, dejected dogs... and Benny, an older man, he wasn't frail but he wasn't in perfect health either. Equally so, Driscoll was just... Driscoll. A young man that wasn't good at helping himself. He was clutching his bag tightly this morning---tighter than he had before, and he wasn't even sure why. He wasn't one to judge anyone, but... he was careful. he had to be careful, because Benny was so...

So trusting.

Just like Driscoll, now that he thought about it. Damn.

He swallowed, getting up the steps to the sanctuary. It was a large place---the front yard was smallish, with a couple rock fountains, and an engraved sign: Fraiser Dog Sanctuary. It was a large home, three levels and a secure basement. Large rooms, comfortable seats, a multitude of dog toys, beds, a room dedicated to newspapers for training smaller and younger pups, and the storage of food and treats. Though it was a sanctuary, Driscoll and Benny treated it as an adoption agency just as much as a home. He stepped into the cool home, brushing back his hair and tying it up as he always did before being mauled by friendly dogs.

"Benny!" Driscoll called, wading through dogs and puppies young and old, finding the older man in the kitchen. "You've fed the dogs already?"

"Yeah---sorry 'bout that Dris." Benny stretched his hands over his grey-brown mane of hair, that resembled an actual lion's mane. "But our new friend will be here soon! I hope I didn't worry you with that call earlier."

"No... I just---we've never had this kinda guy or girl on with us, y'know? Or---anyone really..." Driscoll rubbed his arms. "But... I'm ready! I'll help!"

"Good---I was hopin' you'd show him the ropes. What we're expecting, yeah?"

Driscoll nodded, smiling softly and nearly diving into the pile of fur that had congregated around his feet, content to waste some time before actually taking them for walks or running around with them in the expansive acre of fenced yard.

Last edited by Tachigami; 09-25-2016 at 10:41 PM..