View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-01-2016, 10:57 PM

Elias didn't argue with Barrett's words, unable to call them un-true. His life was alone, but he wouldn't readily call it lonely. That would imply he missed the company when he told himself he did not. "I have classes and the townsfolk," he murmured. A weak defense. It's true he wasn't distant with the people he knew and conversed regularly when he went into town, but he wasn't close with anyone either. It was a tightrope walk between being here and not. He'd settled here, but committed to be here.

At the mention of staying, Elias sat back with surprise. A small gesture, but a strong one nonetheless. "What a kind offer." Though his tone said it was not. "I'm not worth the time though. I have everything I need here so I'm not lonely. Rather, I prefer it this way. An old man like me," he sighed, "is not worth the attention of a kid like you." And yet, a part of him couldn't help but yearn. If Barrett meant it, really meant it. But he probably didn't with that adventure loving soul of his. He'd wander away soon enough, so Elias just had to suffer through it until then. He put on a smile again, a show.