View Single Post
ContessaLeandra
“The first reaction to truth is hatred.”

Old 06-17-2010, 07:10 AM

Amnesia! It was like a revelation from the heavens. Oh, finally she had found someone who could identify with her predicament! Karin had a mental disorder that alienated her from the rest of society. Similarly, this boy could not recall anything about his past two months prior to now. He had no friends, no one to talk to, and as such turned to thieving as a means, she supposed, to acquire funding for his travels. His quest was to regain his memories, figure out where he belonged and what had happened to him... Run into someone who knew him or had been searching for him, too! It was so romantic, somehow... Straight out of a passage from a book. And how would that be, to finally find what you have been questing for? How would the boy's face light up when he knew who he was and all the lost memories came flooding back to him? Not like Karin, who was set in her fate. She only had medications that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. She would never find a cure for her illness.

To be quite frank, she had no intention of marrying anyone, or going to an asylum. She loathed all the men who father introduced her to, some of them middle-aged and dull. The young ones were shallow and impetuous. And they could not put up with her dominate personality. Were all women supposed to be submissive and weak and cater to their husbands' every whim? Well, not her. Even if her father managed to ship her off to an asylum, she would give the doctors hell. She would have to be sedated at all hours of the day, and wear a straight jacket. And they would put her in a padded room. Oh, how comfy a padded room sounded... And it would be fun trying to get out of the straight jacket. Much more so than playing cards with her sister or sketching birds. She really wanted to see what happened with Tannim and his memories, though. It would be epically interesting to be in his presence when he discovered his past--WAIT, THAT'S IT!

"I KNOW!" Karin cried, on the edge of her seat. Literally. "You can take me with you! That way I can fund your trip... I have lots of jewelry we can sell off. And you can still steal stuff or maybe train me to as well... And then I don't have to marry anyone or go to an asylum!" She brought a fist down on her other flat, open palm. "I'm a genius. It's the perfect solution to this whole mess." She stood up and walked over to her window, glancing up. On the fourth floor, it was a long way down. Tannim must have used the tree to scale the walls... She saw no sign of a rope. The girl wondered if she would be able to climb down the massive tree. All she had were dresses--no pants. Nothing suitable for climbing. But she was determined to leave with the thief at any cost. "You'll have to help me get down, though."