View Single Post
Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 09-22-2019, 11:15 PM

Arael caught the look on his eyes and shook his head. "It's not like that.. Everyone thinks it's magic, but it's not. It's not something we can control. When an underlying like myself meets their mentor, a.mentor who can relate to or truly understand them, a bond occurs self consciously.. Like imprinting. Why do think the trainees get a new mentor every two or three weeks, sometimes more often? It's to keep that bond from forming.." He said calmly, quieting himself as he spoke. He needed to focus on finding that book.

He paused when he also heard the distant sirens and noticed the lights, his eyebrows furrowing. "An emergency signal." He murmured. Arael then went to his bookshelf and tossed a few books onto the floor, revealing a small hidden cubby hole. He opened it and pulled out the book he had mentioned to Silas then sat down on the edge of his bed. "Here it is, my grandma's book." He murmured quietly. "Reading it might help us find that crystal."

Ghost frowned, gritting his teeth some in pain. "It wasn't my connection.. He connected with me." He murmured roughly, holding his wound tightly. "Every underling we have had a chance of connecting to their mentor." He said quietly. "Arael is strong willed, but fragile like glass. He needs someone to stand in my place, commander." He said. That bond could make them both stronger as one, and very be the death of his underling. He inhaled a sharp breath and his vision blurred as the effects of blood loss and trauma sank in.

---

Nerva turned to face Mars and gently took her hands. "I never said I couldn't help her." She murmured softly. Nerva turned back to Lea and rested a hand on her forehead. "Which of you had a stronger bond with this child?" She asked. Jason glanced at Mars, then at the goddess. "I've only been with her a short time.. I think Mars has been with her long before I came around." Jason spoke quietly. Need a simply smiled. "Mars, come foreword and place your hand on mine." She instructed.