View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 05-23-2014, 01:11 PM

The doctor sighed to himself, the boy really was arrogant, one of these days that overconfidence was going to bite back at him and his power and position would do nothing to save him, but he simply carried on smiling,
"Your father was the first to come up with the concept of the Mark 4's, I'm sure you know this already by now, but the shareholders wanted to get a step ahead of him in development, so they pulled together their own Laboratory, under the name Apotheosis, pretentious to the very end." He chuckled once more, "Naturally they capable minds to assist them and they took to my aggressive and open complaints about your father like flies on a garbage pile, they didn't stop to think for a minute that I always acted this way."

"Number 66 was among roughly seventy candidates, seventy children with no living blood relatives, see in order to make the perfect system they also believed they needed the perfect soldier to match. I oversaw the physical health and viability of each candidate as they were raised and taught specifically in order to find a perfect prototype, When they started getting old enough, the adjustments began, cybernetic enhancements, anti-rejection serums, but one by one the candidates either died under the knife or the introduction of cybernetics to their bodies sent them insane. 66 was considered a similar failure. Her body accepted the cybernetic enhancements, but her unique nature, I believe, is what tipped the balance. Among all the candidate, she was the only one I ever saw smile. Yet once they figured out that she was happy and proud, they believed her insane, likely unstable.. Maybe she had gone insane in order to withstand existing in such a place where all her fellows were killed off one-by-one by needle men."

He rolled his shoulder calmly,
"So they abandoned her, attempted to dispose of her. Until I intervened. I took her to my own facility and continued to work on her, she didn't look half as normal as she does now until I finally developed a better method for synthetic skin bonding. I talked with her, taught her new things and explained her existence to her until she understood, it took some effort.. At age sixteen, she fully understood why I did what I did, before then I'm sure at one time or another she might have wanted to kill me, I wouldn't have blamed her. Together we approached the Apotheosis program again, this time with her as my new prototype; Ambrosia Thane. With no luck on their end yet on a perfect super soldier, their concentration had shifted to working on a new breed of mechanoid, their own Mark 4 prototype unit witht he intention of finding and hiring talented mercenaries to implant contorl chips in them that would make them compatible with their Mark 4 system. They put Ambrosia through the ropes, but she outperformed any tests they gave her. She even figured out how to pretend she wasn't human until it became the everyday norm, play the perfect obedient soldier. And they sent her out into the military, into every dangerous station, into every kind of unit available, constant combat experience. She told me at one point that she liked mechs because inside them no-one can see her smile."

"And then I saw an interesting opportunity.. The shareholders forced your unit into a dangerous situation, well aware of the risk that Talos could be destroyed, they hoped to trash the name of your superior group so that they could set forward their own units, stand in your place as the glorious saviors of the company, but they didn't count on one Carl Smith.. A flesh and blood man capable enough to do what they couldn't imagine, give of himself to save others.. With a man down, the make up of your squad wasn't complete, so I suggested something; place their own sponsored super soldier among Talos, to show their support." He chuckled grimly, "And they actually bought it.. Blind fools.."

"In more specific detail of her directly.. Ambrosia's arms and legs are completely synthetic, her bonestructure is reinforced where it couldn't be replaced, the majority of her skin is an synthetic overlay that bonds with her natural flesh through neural-linked pathways and arterial webbing that keeps the flow of blood at a near-natural state to support her body as normal. Even her muscles consist of a high-tensile protean mold, her left eye is false, feeding information to wetware in her brain and her body to increase her abilities to calculate and react." He stared at Yamato calmly taking a momentary breath, "But most importantly; she is human, she has desires and flaws as much as she works to hide them, and she has loyalty. Loyalty to an old fool who wouldn't give up on her, but I don't deserve her, so I'm entrusting her loyalty to you. I leave it to her to find out if that was a mistake or not, she's old enough to make her decision herself.." He sighed, glancing over to Diego,
"The metal case has all you would need to repair her and synthesize replacement flesh in case of an emergency. All my work and research into creating Ambrosia is int here along with various solutions and equipment for restarting her if for some reason she gets shut down, though as with any human if she stays dead for too long then she wont come back at all. A normal doctor would have no comprehension of a cyborg, a genius technologist on the other hand..?" He waved his free hand lazily before smirking towards Yamato,
"And there you have it. More or less the whole story. I still watch Apotheosis, they still watch me and you, the war rages on our doorstep,"

Last edited by HC-Gal; 05-23-2014 at 05:18 PM..