View Single Post
Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 02-14-2017, 03:54 PM

Knerd - Thats a Cavalier, isn't it? So adorable

So here is my story:

Waaaaay back in the ancient times of Gaia (yes that one) there was a personal ads section. I posted figuring an online relationship was better than nothing, but one of the responders sounded very sincere. We continued talking through email for a few months, and discovered that we were only a 3 hour drive apart. On a crazy whim I gave him my cell number, and he actually called! We continued talking over email and phone until the holidays when I found out he would be spending Christmas alone. This is never allowed in my family no matter who you are, so I invited him to spend Christmas with my family. He accepted on the condition he could take me out the night before.

So the night before Christmas Eve he drove 3 hours to take me to dinner and a movie. Then he went home (yup another 3 hours) and drove back up the next day to have dinner and celebrate Christmas with my family.

A few weeks later he drove up again all dressed up with a dozen red roses and a stuffed dog to say good-bye as I was leaving the country to study abroad for 6 months. During that time we kept in touch through email and he did come to visit for a week. We began officially dating after I returned to the US, got engaged and then married about a year later.

This year we will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary, and have a beautiful 2 year old girl. <3

So the moral of my story: Be careful what you post on the internet.