View Single Post
Risque
bing chilling

Old 03-26-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
Got drummed out by being poor. Didn't have the money to pay for the tuition, and SIUC's financial aid office...had absolutely nothing in the way of help. All the "help" I got was being bounced around the office, bounced between there and the bursar office and housing and the student center...and, when it came to questions about FAFSA and scholarships, they plunked me in a computer lab and said "here's the website, fill it out" and did absolutely NOTHING to explain what I was supposed to do.

It still pisses me off.
Awww crap. I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. Given the importance of the FAFSA in making college accessible to people, it's infuriating that they would have been so dismissive and rude. Not to mention that they're being fucking paid to work a position where they have to help people.

Ugh, I would have ragequit too cuz I am FURIOUS for you right now. The FAFSA can be extremely intimidating (less-so now, thank goodness) and I know it gave me a lot of anxiety whenever it came time to fill it out.

And yeah... public settings always == germs, so no thanks lol. I wash my hands after handling light switches and water faucets in my own gd room (but its mostly cuz I haven't really broken the place in yet )

Hope everyone is having an okay-ish week. :)