View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM

"Well, I know that my body glows, though not why. And I can use that light for whatever," she said, shrugging her tiny shoulders as she kicked a few small rocks, staring down at her feet. "You know how sunlight passes through a lens and gets all hot and stuff? I think that it works sort of like that, see? Not everything works like that though." She finished by pointing at the coals and pushing. Instantly, a beam of light shot from her fingertip and hit the coals, igniting them easily. After she had done that, she began glowing brighter, revealing her increasing anxiety quite plainly.

"So... if you want me to get lost, I will," she said, sitting down on collapsed column and swinging her feet. Her eyes never met Mindy's, nor were they directed anywhere near her. This was playing out eerily similar to how her parents had reacted. At first they simply wanted to know about it, but when she didn't have answers, they got rid of her. It scared them, not knowing. All Lucy could hope was that Mindy wasn't so scared of the unknown. That would mean, hopefully, that she could stay.