View Single Post
Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 02-07-2018, 02:49 AM

Here you get to flex your creative avatar making muscles. There will be a few different categories you can choose to participate in. You may do just one, or all of them and you will be allowed two entries per category. And yes, your mule can take part in this contest as well.

- Submit your fabulous creations to me via PM and I will post them in the thread for all the world to see. (If you are entering category 3, please include your brief description in the PM)
- Winners will be decided after the event ends, so there will be ample time to get your submission in before the event poofs.
- Depending on the number of entries for the categories, there are guaranteed to be 2 winning places, First and Second. (5 or more entries for a category will enable a Third place to be chosen.)
- Prizes are as follows:

1st Place - 10k + A CI of Choosing from my inventory
2nd Place - 7k + A New CI
3rd Place - 4k + A Random Item from my inventory

Category 1:
At the end of the movie, we find Betelgeuse sitting in the afterlife waiting room, chatting up a shrunken headed hunter and the presumed witch doctor that did the shrinking, about his upcoming GQ Shoot; Seems GQ has been after him for sometime.

Your mission is to create what you think Betelgeuse's GQ outfit would look like (and yes, you can use the background, foreground, playground, fairground, any kind of ground really, as part of the ensemble).
Here are few extra quirks to make this harder and a bit funner (yeah, that's a word)

1. Must contain stripes! (Don't care where, when or how)
2. His hair must be a shade of green, don't care how dark or light.

Category 2:
"If I knew then, what I know now, I wouldn't have had my little accident." - As spoken by the receptionist in the afterlife care office. She is of course referring to the consequence of a person prematurely shuffling loose the mortal coil. (If you are still confused by that, it is a commonly held belief in the movie that if you take your own life, you are doomed to be a public servant in the afterlife.)

That is your task for this category, making yourself into a public servant.

1. You must convey HOW you died within the outfit (and by outfit, I mean the entire space we conceive as the avatar)
2. Some part of you HAS to LOOK dead

Category 3:
No Body in the frame, an avatarless avatar if you will. You are tasked with making a scene of your choosing from the movie, or a scene you think would fit within the movie.

This leaves you open to so very many options, i.e. the house decorated by the whacked modern artsy folks from New York, how it was with the Maitlands living there, the dreaded sandworms found on Titan, one of Saturn's moons... the list goes on.

1. No recognizable "body or body parts," this includes faces, with the exception of you trying to re-enact a damn sandworm.
2. A brief description of the scene is advisable, help me get an understanding of your mindset when creating the scene.

Category 4:
One of the Characters from the movie.

You're open to dress up as anyone that showed up on screen, main character or secondary character, or even an auxiliary character from the background. Your imagination and the available items here on Menewsha are your only limitations.

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 02-09-2018 at 11:49 PM..