Thread: Heart Code
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-23-2021, 01:36 AM

That ball of unease just didn't quite unravel from Kaede's stomach. Hearing E.v.a's confidence only left him feeling more bare, as if he were totally naked in front of her. To know that she knew he watched earlier left him oddly surprised. Did she not think it was strange or overbearing? Rather, she had too much faith in him. Kaede wasn't a hero of any kind.

"I'm not like that," he found himself muttering, not even realizing that his thoughts had turned into words. "I'm a human too. Confusing, only seeing what I want to. How can you be so perfect next to a man like me? Don't you see it?!" He slid down, palm sliding over his face to twist in the overgrown strands of his hair, leaving his glasses askew. Even his heart seemed in a frenzy. It wasn't used to working this hard and he didn't even know why he let himself get twisted up like this now. It didn't make sense. But since when did he ever make sense?

Kaede dropped his hand hard onto the table. "I'm going back to my lab." With as much suddenness as the announcement, he shoved his chair back and stood, already starting his escape.