View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-16-2012, 12:37 AM

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...post1771373436
hang out thread feel free to post at any time there, chat or any questions regarding any of my stories.

Chapter One

Down a quiet road not so populated, a large estate full of oak trees, gardens, and lush green grass shone about in the sun. The gentle winds carried their breeze over the hills as Marlinspike Hall sat quietly among the scenery. A whistling melody could be heard as a tall stocky man dressed in a red flannel shirt and blue jeans strolled around admiring the land and the roaming animals. The paths were well trodden from years of this man and his guests taking peaceful strolls on the grounds. The leaves were budding on the trees as the beginning of spring had arrived as it was now early May. The tall gruff man stopped to fill his pipe with tobacco. “Blisterin’ Barnacles!” he exclaimed as a few birds went flying out of some nearby bushes. “I knew I should have asked him to grab me a pack of tobacco!” he said with agitation. He put his pipe away and began to walk back towards the manor. As he made his way back a tall slender man was working in the garden.

The tall slender man was busy mulching a flower bed near the entrance to the manor and looked up abruptly when he heard the familiar curses and swears of Master Captain Haddock.
“Is there a problem sir?” the slender bald man replied wearing a pair of gardening gloves.
“Yes Nester, I’m outta tobacco!” he huffed.
Captain Haddock towered over Nester. Six feet and a couple inches taller, he could sometimes be a bit intimidating, especially to those who didn’t know him. His deep blue eyes could pierce a soul when he chose to interrogate. His black beard with hints of gray in the middle was just as full as it had been. He always wore his favorite hat which obscured the small bit of gray on his sides.
“Sir, would you like me to call the neighbor’s grand children to run and errand for you?” Nestor suggested while padding some mulch with a shovel.
“Na, I’ll be fine, why are you working on the flower beds? I thought the neighbor’s grandchildren were supposed to finish doing that yesterday?” Haddock looked displeased.
“Oh no sir, I asked them to leave that for me… I find it rather refreshing to plant flowers” Nester replied evenly.
“Oh that’s right…” he shrugged walking in the front door. The manor remained as it always had been with relics of his and his young companion’s adventures all over the world.

A small familiar white dog came rushing down the stairs to greet the Captain as he continued into the parlor inspecting Central American ponchos, tribal masks, and other trinkets of interest and memories. “Ruff ruff!” Snowy barked running to the Captain’s side. “Snowy!” He bent down rubbing Snowy and scratching behind his ears. “Did Nestor feed you already?” Haddock smiled.
“Yes, but I would like to get fed again” Snowy thought as he whined.
“Well come on anyway, we can get you a treat or two!” the Captain gave a hardy laugh as they walked to the kitchen area with Snowy in the lead. As they were continuing in the kitchen they walked in the kitchen to see some machine starting up by itself. Snowy jumped back instantly and began growling, “What in blazes!?” Haddock swore. A metallic trash can with three mechanical arms with a “c” like clamp for hands were bending forward and backward until one reached a tin can.

“Professor!” Haddock shouted. A shot man wearing a long white lab coat jumped up with a bald head with salt and pepper on his sides.
“What?” the professor said with various tools in his hand.
“What is that?” Haddock shouted over the noise the little robotic contraption was making. It finally was able to grasp a can, open it with a can opener where it looked like its mouth should have been, and dumped the contents of the can almost six inches away from Snowy’s bowl. Snowy looked at the food in protest and whined. The contraption let out a small wisp of steam through its lidded top as two gages were spinning around which were supposed to represent a set of eyes.
“Oh fiddlesticks!” the professor grumbled as the machine finally came to a halt.
“What is this thing supposed to be?” Haddock repeated his question loudly.
“Oh, I just thought since you and Tintin go off without Snowy, and sometimes Nester is busy in town running chores, and since I get busy in my lab—I was thinking that an automatic feeder for Snowy would be great!” The professor beamed.
“Oh, ok” Haddock nodded.
“Ugh not this slop again tonight?” Snowy thought to himself as he saw the can of mushed dog food piled on the floor.
“Isn’t it great?” the professor stood up triumphantly.
“Except for the dog food on the floor” Haddock frowned. Snowy’s ears perked up.
“Come on Snowy, I’ll get you something good” Haddock said opening the refrigerator pulling out a ham bone with some meat on it. Snowy began barking loudly as the captain placed it in his bowl. Snowy stuck his nose up at the dog food on the floor and continued to his bowl and remained content the rest of the evening. Nester finally came into the kitchen and saw the mess as Professor Calculus continued modifying his little trashcan robot.
Nester didn’t look impressed, “Yea good luck with that, I’m going to the parlor, call me when diners ready” he snickered. The captain sat back in his most comfortable seat after turning on the television watching the regular programs. He glanced at the clock on the mantel as it was beginning to approach five O’clock.
“Should be about any time now” the Captain smiled.

A young man sat behind a desk busy with paper work and a cup of hot tea steaming next to him. With a pen in his hand he began filling in descriptions on a paper. A stack of papers lay in front of him as file packets were neatly filed into trays stacked four high. A small metallic lamp with a green covering dulling the light just a little lit his desk area. The young man took a long sip of hot tea and continued doing paperwork writing and looking through files.

“Tintin!” a familiar voice rang out. Tintin sighed in irritation, “Oh Thompson” Tintin greeted.
“Working late again eh?” Thompson said sipping his evening tea.
“Just trying to get caught up, so much to do for a village” Tintin continued writing and filling out papers slowly diminishing his work load.
“You’ve got to work faster lad!” Thompson smiled taking another sip.
“I would be ahead but a paranoid elderly couple keep thinking their being watched” Tintin explained. “Oh you mean Schimdts?” Thompson laughed.
“It’s not funny!” Tintin snapped.
“I’m sorry” Thompson put one hand up in apology.
“They lost their sons in the war, and they protected a family of Jews during the occupation” Tintin answered grimly.
“How do you know this?” Thompson asked eagerly.
“If you listen closely Thompson people talk in the village” Tintin continued to write.
“You can only believe half of what you hear” Thompson said putting down his tea putting his jacket on.
“I know, but I did some investigation a year back on a stolen heirloom of their family and tracked it all the way to Zurich and caught the thieves and learned a lot of their family history” Tintin said putting a couple of papers into a folder.
“You mean the time you and the Captain were gone almost a fortnight?” Thompson interjected.
“Yes, I’m surprised you and Thomson didn’t make an entrance like you always do. I was expecting to see two yodelers at any moment during the stay” Tintin cracked a smile.
“We were busy investigating a store robbery a couple towns away” Thompson said roughly putting on his bowler.

---------- Post added 11-15-2012 at 07:42 PM ----------

By this moment the other Thomson had entered Tintin’s office with his cane and coat in hand. “Did you catch them?” Tintin began filing more papers away.
“Of course we did!” Thomson chided in.
“We always catch our man” they said almost in unison.
“I see… I heard you had help” Tintin threw in.
“Just a couple of tips from the locals and yea a big German Shepard aided us some” Thompson concluded.
Tintin was quiet for a minute as he was finally beginning to see an end to the paper work. He finished his last sip of tea and looked up and bust into laughter.
“What’s so funny Tintin?” Thomson looked confused.
“Both of you have put your coats on inside out!” Tintin pointed out.
“Oh?” Thompson realized it was so as they both began to take off their coat and put it back on.
“We wanted to offer you a lift if you needed it?” Thomson said at length as they were putting their coats back on right side out. Tintin peeked out his window and could see there was still plenty of light, “No thanks, I think I will walk, good exercise” he said as he began cleaning the top of his desk for the evening.

“I need to be back early in the morning” Tintin sighed.
“Don’t worry our secretary will be back—take the weekend off mate” Thomson smiled.
“Are you sure?” Tintin looked suspiciously.
“Absolutely” Thompson agreed. Tintin grabbed his long brown trench coat and followed the Thompson’s out of the precinct.
“What are you guys up to tonight?” Tintin smiled taking a whiff of fresh air.
“Shepherd’s pie tonight at the pub” Thompson smiled as they began to get in their little car.
“Mmm that sounds good!” Thomson said rubbing his belly.
“What about you Tintin?” Thompson said starting his car. “Don’t know, depends what Nestor has cooked for us and what mood the Captain is in tonight” Tintin shrugged.
“Hopefully Calculus hasn’t blown the manor sky high” Thomson joked.
“I doubt that… well see you guys Monday!” Tintin said walking off waving down the road.

The weather was perfect for walking and the breeze was cool but not cold. The sun was beginning its fiery decent behind the horizon. Tintin’s strawberry blond hair reflected brightly with his still favored little quiff of hair sticking up. The rolling hills and small houses planted here and there were charming scenery to observe as one passed by. Tintin strolled thoughtfully for the next fifteen minutes until he came upon a small cottage which meant he was only a couple minutes march from the main gate of the manor. An old man smoking a pipe comes out to check his mailbox at the edge of the road and squints in the sun noticing someone approaching off in the distance.
“Hello Tintin” he waves.
“Oh hi Mr. Bolt” Tintin returns the wave.
A woman comes up to join Mr. Bolt, “Is that you Tintin?” the older woman asks putting her hand over her eyes as Tintin approaches. “It’s me” he smiles as he finally joins them at their mailbox by the street.
“Tis a fine day” Mr. Bolt said taking a smoke.
“Oh no!” Tintin gasped.
“Whatever is the matter?” Mrs. Bolt asked with concern.
“I forgot to grab some tobacco for the Captain” he put his hand on his forehead.
“That’s it?” Mr. Bolt sighed.
“Yea…” Tintin nodded in disapproval.
“That is a problem easily remedied” Mrs. Bolt smiled returning back to the house. Mr. Bolt looked curiously at her.
“No, please…” Tintin pleaded.
“It won’t do you any good to say no, just take it when she hands it to you” Mr. Bolt continued. Suddenly his expression changed to one of suspicion. “Is something wrong Mr. Bolt?” Tintin looked behind him but saw nothing. Mr. Bolt took off his glasses, rubbed his glasses off with his sweater then put them back on.
“Oh it’s nothing…” Mr. Bolt said taking one last look in the distance behind Tintin. Mrs. Bolt quickly returned.
“Here you go Tintin, this should make the Captain happy” she smiled handing Tintin a padded envelope filled with loose tobacco.
“Thank you, I appreciate it” Tintin smiled.
“So how’s the new job?” Mrs. Bolt began her line of questioning.
“It’s ok, it’s steady money that I can make you know… nothing too exciting really” he sighed.
“Steady money eh?” Mr. Bolt raised an eyebrow scratching his white mustache. “The Captain takes good care of you there doesn’t he?” Mr. Bolt continued with his own curiosities.
“I contribute as much as I can but he insists that I relax a bit” Tintin explained.
“What about your folks? Your mom, dad, brothers, maybe sisters, do they come to see you?” Mrs. Bolt finally asked. The question hit Tintin pretty hard as years of wondering about that himself often kept him up at night.
“I don’t really remember much about them… it’s almost as if that part of my life…well just seems so blurry. I remember only vague memories of ...” Tintin thought for another moment and just couldn’t talk about it anymore.
“I’m sorry Mr. & Mrs. Bolt I need to go, we’ll finish this conversation another time, and I thank you again for the tobacco” he waved continuing on as his eyes were beginning to water a bit.
“Now why’d ya have to do that?” Mr. Bolt chastised Mrs. Bolt.
“Don’t look at me, you were asking him questions too!” she scolded back.
“I’m sorry… I just don’t get that kid’s concept of family” Mr. Bolt continued.
“Aye, a sea captain living in retirement at not even 45 years yet, a strange professor who does only God knows what, a butler who seems to do just about all of the work by all accounts of our grandchildren, and that white dog and dodgy cat” Mrs. Bolt summed it up.
“I guess we’ll never understand…” Mr. Bolt sighed as he and Mrs. Bolt trotted back inside their cottage. Off in the distance a shadow reappeared following Tintin.

After a couple minutes Tintin arrived at the gate of Marlinspike Hall. “Why don’t people mind their own business?” he thought. He stepped up to the new security system Professor Calculus had installed. He walked up to the numeric rotary covered with a small piece of glass when he heard barking in the distance. He turned around and noticed two large dogs were coming straight for him, “Great snakes!” he snapped back to his normal self and began quickly dialing the code to open the gate using the rotary dial. “Come one! Come on!” he shouted. He was just three numbers away from entering the first four; but one dog was only a few meters away and he had no weapon but his gun he carried. The Doberman pincher growled barring its teeth at him. “Back boy, I don’t want to hurt you!” he yelled.

Tintin dialed two numbers with his other hand as the dog lunged at him, but Tintin quickly dodged kicking the dog to the side. The dog proved to be quick and spun back around to bite him and Tintin spun back around with his elbow hitting the big dog in the mouth causing it to bark madly but soon the other dog was upon him blocking the dialing rotary. The other dog was a bit stunned but was circling Tintin. “I got to put in that last number then the lock will release it for ten seconds only” Tintin thought. The other dog lunged at his leg grazing his black pant leg ripping some of the fabric. Tintin quickly dialed the last number which luckily was a one. Tintin dashed toward the do blocking the gate that had just got his pants pulling out his gun avoiding a bite bashing it on the back of the head with the butt of his gun. He quickly opened and slammed the gate behind him. The dogs continued to growl and their eyes looked glazed. “Go now both of you!” he shouted as he fired two rounds in the air. They growled at him briefly taking a step back then suddenly they dashed off and disappeared.

---------- Post added 11-15-2012 at 07:46 PM ----------

“Your diner is getting cold Captain” Nestor replied.
“I’m waiting for Tintin” he said pacing back and forth occasionally glancing at the television for the news until Snowy barked as two gunshots went off.
“Thunderin’ typhoons!” he shouted looking out the window noticing in the twilight Tintin standing by the gate.
“Now what has he gotten us into?” Haddock frowned as he and Snowy raced out the front door.
"Tintin!” he shouted as Snowy raced far ahead of him rushing to his master’s side.
“It’s ok Snowy, I’m fine” he said petting his dog.
“What in blazes?!” the captain shouted catching up to him. “You were supposed to be home a couple hours ago, what’s going on out here?” the Captain said looking out the gate and at Tintin.
“I would have been home sooner but I had to do a lot of secretarial work and catch up a lot of paper work that Thompson and Thomson dumped on me” Tintin said putting his gun away.
Nevermind that, what were you shooting at?” Captain Haddock said looking out the gate as the sun has now finally set. “There were two Doberman pincers, big ones, and they attacked me for no reason” Tintin explained.
“Well the important thing is that you are safe. Come on, let’s go eat” he said checking the gate making sure it was secure. He looked out the gate again for a moment thinking he had seen someone but blinked at it was gone. “I haven’t been drinking that much whiskey today” he mused as he turned back to the mansion.

They sat at the long table in the dining hall. Captain Haddock always had his seat on the end, Tintin on his right and Professor Calculus, when he joined them, on his left.
“Where’s the professor?” Tintin said as he began eating the now cool slices of cooked ham on his plate along with a side of mashed potatoes and peas. The captain opened a small flask he had on him and poured it in a glass on the table.
“How many glasses have you drunk today?” Tintin looked precariously at him. The captain ignored him for a moment until he had a couple of good shots in him. He took a deep breath and looked at Tintin.
“Not many…go to the kitchen and you’ll see the professor, he already ate…” he said beginning to chomp down on his cold food. The rest of their cold meal was eaten in silence. Tintin continued nibbling at his food long after the Captain finished. “What’s wrong with ya? Did those dogs really give you the willies?” Haddock finally began taking note of Tintin.

He began to look a little more withdrawn, “No, that’s not it, but I find it rather strange, I don’t know anyone here who has those kind of dogs” Tintin said looking at a last pea he kept rolling around on his plate.
“Ahh come on, don’t tell me your losing your knack to overcome mysteries like this” Captain Haddock laughed trying to lighten the mood. Tintin’s bright green eyes looked devoid of any light, he dropped his fork on his plate and stood up walking next to the window pulling the drapes aside peeking out. Tintin smelled something awry with the earlier incident, but was more troubled by the questions of Mr. & Mrs. Bolt.

The captain got up and put a hand on his shoulder comforting him, “What’s wrong landlubber?” he continued to ask. “I—I don’t even know who I am anymore…” he whispered.
“What do you mean?” Captain Haddock asked a bit confused. “You’re Tintin, and that’s all that matters to me” he failed miserably to make light of the situation.
“I don’t know who my mom and dad are… I don’t know where I really came from…I have no family…” his said anxiously. The Captain could tell something else much deeper troubled him now. Tintin and the Captain both cringed when they were interrupted.
“Guess what Captain! It works for Snowy, and your cat, and…” Calculus butted in entering the dining hall.
“Could you leave us alone for a moment please professor” the Captain asked evenly. The Professor could hear quiet sobbing. The Professor looked for a moment and the Captain gave him a stern look and nodded. Professor Calculus quietly walked back into the kitchen.

The captain placed both of his strong hands on Tintin’s shoulders, “You got Snowy, the nutty professor, my cat, and…me” He said calmly. The Captain knew not much made Tintin so emotional.
“I know… but all my associates—the ones near my age and younger have supportive families…” he sniffled. The Captain knew exactly what had happened as Mr. Bolt had asked him about Tintin's past previously.
“Blast that infernal nosy couple of busybodies!” the captain thundered. The Captain quietly rubbed his shoulders then noticed the lights at the end of the gate flashed then died. “Don’t look up just come with me…” the Captain whispered as he began prodding Tintin away from the window. “Is there a problem master?” Nestor came in. “We got company outside, turn off the lights” Haddock whispered across the room. Tintin’s somber mood changed almost instantly when suddenly a bullet flew through the window but luckily it didn’t shatter the entire glass.
“Interlopers” Nestor said turning off the lights. The captain quickly disappeared into the lobby. Tintin pulled out his gun and ran to the backdoor and cut off all the lights around.

“What’s going on Tintin?” the professor gawked.
“Shhhhh!” Tintin raised his hand. The professor adjusted his glasses, “My word!” he whispered seeing Tintin with his gun. Snowy dashed out quickly as he locked the door behind him. Another gunshot rang out not too far from Tintin, “Quiet Snowy!” he whispered stalking around as it was now nightfall. Four more gunshots blasted through the air and Snowy growled and bit deep and hard.
“Ouch!” someone screamed behind him. Tintin quickly reacted disarming a man with a gun with a right hook then kicking his shin knocking him to his knees. Tintin could not see the man’s face as it was too dark. The man pulled out a knife and stabbed at Tintin, but luckily Tintin moved only getting his calf nicked. The man quickly dashed back towards the gate. Another gunshot was heard.
“Captain!” Tintin gasped. He watched the man disappear back into the night. Tintin ran quickly around the mansion to aid his companion followed by Snowy.

The captain busted out the front door brandishing his gun. Two shots were fired at him hitting the corners of the door. “Ya hooligans! Punks!!” he shouted as he fired into the dark and took cover behind a bush. He and the would be assailants traded fire again until the captain heard a shout. More shots were fired this time from another direction. The gun battle ensued as Tintin came around the corner armed with two guns firing until clicks could be heard. “I know what that sound means!” Haddock said sprinting off with Tintin in pursuit. The captain was quicker than the two assailants had estimated as he reached out and grabbed them by their necks. They fell to the ground but the Captain jerked them back up. They wrestled free of the Captain’s grasp and prepared to do hand to hand combat. Tintin was still several yards behind them. One man swung wildly at the Captain while the other jabbed with a knife.

“Is that all you got?!” the Captain snarled easily dodging the wild swing while grabbing the man’s arm with the knife causing him to drop it. The other man kicked the captain, but the captain was much bigger than he, as he knocked the man off balance by grabbing his foot and shoving forward. He fell to the ground. The other man dashed for the gate scaling it as the other man tried to make a run after recovering his balance.

“Oh no you don’t!” the Captain said grabbing the man in a head lock. Suddenly a car started and the tires spun. “Go call the police Tintin, Snowy and I will deal with this lowly thug!” the man struggled vainly. “If you don’t quit!” the captain growled. He gripped the man tighter and he feinted.

“Police? I need you to get to Marlinspike Hall immediately! Thanks!” He hung up the phone and stepped outside. Tintin looked aghast, “Captain! You didn’t....!” Tintin exclaimed.
“Na, he’ll be asleep for a while. You ok?” the captain said laying the man on the steps. “Yea, the night is becoming more and more intriguing with each passing moment” Tintin said shaking his head.
“Actually we better go inside and wait just in case there are there are more of those bandits” Haddock wheezed a little. “Guess your right” Haddock said dragging the young looking man who seemed to be middle eastern into the house by his arms.
“Easy Captain” Tintin said as he opened the door. “Easy my rear end, he was trying off us!” the Captain said callously. “Need any rope sir?” Nestor said holding a twine of it.
“Why Nestor, you think of everything!” Tintin replied with awe.
“Just doing my job sir, I hit one of the intruders over the head with my baton when he tried to come in the parlor window that you left open earlier” Nestor replied holding a baton like flashlight. “I also have another gun for you collection” Nestor finished handing it to Captain Haddock.
“We need to turn this in to the police” Tintin said tying the captured intruder’s hands and feet.
“Well I’m going to assist the professor in the cleanup sir” Nestor quietly walked back into the dining hall.
“Wow!” Tintin said aloud.
“What’s so ‘wow’ about this?” Captain Haddock replied filling his pipe again.
“It’s been awhile since anything this exciting has happened” Tintin almost laughed.
“Well good! At least you’re smiling again lad!” he smiled lighting his pipe.
“It should be an interesting day down at the precinct tomorrow” Tintin mused. “You’re working on a Saturday?” the Captain sounded a bit disappointed.
“Well yea, we got to get to the bottom of this Captain. Who would send thugs after us? Just about all of our enemies have been in jail or perished” Tintin argued.

The Captain didn’t respond. He looked at the thug and noticed something odd about the young man tied up. He quickly grabbed his hand and saw a pyramid with an eye in the center tattooed on his palm. “What’s this mean” the captain thought to himself as he put his hand down and took another puff.

“What is it Captain?” Tintin caught on to his muse.
“Look at his palm” the captain said calmly.
“What does this mean?” Tintin asked. The Captain thought for moment but couldn’t quite put his finger on where the vague memory lies during his years of travel.
“Sorry I can’t say…” the Captain replied with a perplexed look. A horn could be heard by the gate outside.
“The police are here” Tintin jumped up. The captain scooped the still unconscious intruder up throwing him like a sack of potatoes over his shoulder. The police car had two constables dressed in typical uniform with a spotlight on their car.
“So this is the vermin eh?” one of the policemen looked disdainfully at the guy.
“Here are two guns we got from them” Tintin said carefully handing them over.
“How many were there?” One officer asked taking the man into custody.
“Four, from all the witness accounts at the house” Tintin answered. “Lock your doors, we’ll take a ride around the area and see if we find anything suspicious” the other officer advised.
“These are interesting…” one of the officers mused.
“What about them?” Tintin looked perplexed. “It’s an odd design” he said looking at it with the car spot light. “I cannot tell too much about it, the Thompsons are on their way down to the station so we can question john doe here when he wakes up and inspect these other articles a bit closer” he stated.
“Fair enough, call us when if you find out anything Officer Adams” Tintin saluted.
“Right investigator” he said as they stuffed the man in the back seat tied up collecting the guns in a small sack and drove off. “I won’t sleep until I know something” Tintin stressed as they walked back to the manor.
“You will. A mug of hot cocoa will put you at ease landlubber” The captain smiled putting his arm around Tintin as they walked back to the manor.

Hours went by as Tintin and the Captain sat by the phone as it was well into the early morning. Tintin had finally drifted into a restless slumber speaking in his sleep. The Captain too had dozed off for a couple hours and woke up to Tintin’s voice, “Mom! Dad!” he suddenly said deep asleep. The Captain recalled only a couple other times where Tintin spoke discernibly in his sleep. He gently picked Tintin up, put him in bed, and returned back to his study. He was about to pick up a book when the phone seemed to jolt him out of his chair. He quickly answered it, “Hello?” “Captain Haddock?” the other familiar voice answered back.

“Thomson?” he responded.
“Yea, we got a call from INTERPOL, Tintin’s life is in danger” Thomson informed.
“Well ya don’t say!” Captain Haddock replied sarcastically.
“Take him on holiday somewhere, just get ‘em out of here” Thomson replied unaware of the captain’s sarcasm.
“What’s this about?” Haddock demanded.
“Details are scarce, but the guy we have in custody all the sudden has amnesia and we only know about the ‘All Seeing Eye’ and that Mueller has been broken out of prison by this cult” Thompson informed.
“Billions of Blisterin’ Barnacles! Can’t the authorities keep anyone locked up anymore?!” he almost yelled but resumed back to an anxious whisper.
“Just take Tintin anywhere and don’t tell anyone where you are going, we’ll find you if we need to” Thomson advised.
“Fine, we’ll leave first thing early this morning!” he said hanging up.

Captain Haddock checked on Tintin to make sure he was still sleeping, and he had an uneasy look on his face as he breathed heavily. The captain threw a small blanket on him and began packing his and Tintin’s suitcases as he didn’t want to wake Nestor. After thirty minutes of packing he wrote Nestor and the Professor a half page letter explaining their situation and they would contact them only by telegram. The Captain finally gave Tintin a nudge, “Uhh..” he groaned. “Come on, we gotta go lad” Haddock said anxiously.
“Where?” Tintin stirred.
“It’s a surprise” the Captain smiled as Tintin sat up and rubbed his eyes.
“What’s going on here?” Tintin thought to himself. Seldom did the Captain get him up that early for any type of excursion. The memories of a cyclone of a nightmare had assailed him but due to all this bustling around and the Captain shaking him every few seconds he wasn’t moving, it slipped back into the recesses of his mind.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 12-06-2012 at 05:30 PM..