View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-28-2018, 06:28 AM

Skylees's blue eyes drifted close as she sang, not needing to see the words to a song she knew by heart. The ship, the bar and even Tom and Daisy all drifted away as she sang. All the her world consisted of at that moment was the music, the words falling from her lips and Sam's strong arms around her. She wasn't singing to perform now but singing just to sing, singing because the words demanded she loaned them her voice so they could be expressed.

You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did—well, really—what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Skylee's voice was confident and full now as she was lost in her own little world. Every word fell from her lips with passion and feeling, testimony of a girl singing purely for the love of singing. For that was what the blond was doing. She wasn't singing to impress anybody anymore but singing to let out the song that was in her heart. Before she knew it, the song was drawing to a close and the words of the last verse were falling from her lips.

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Hallelujah

The hallelujahs fell softer and softer from her lips, each one becoming more like a pray and less like a lyric than the last. Until finally the last words and notes floated through the air and faded away. Skylee's eyes slowly fluttered open and she looked up into Sam's beautiful hazel eyes that were gazing down at her in awe and she got lost in that hazel sea.