View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 AM

Amelia sighed as she read over the menu in french, trying to find the best meals to order so that she could bring the left overs with her for her journey. Deciding upon two breadbaskets, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a plate of escargot, and a small plate of putin, with a tall glass of water, Amelia waved over the waiter and repeated her order in french.

Ignoring the curious looks, Amelia handed him the menu and relaxed in the chair as best she could, refusing to take the weaponry off as she stared at the owner behind the bar from the table she sat at.

When the food arrived, she hesitantly tried the escargot, nearly throwing up the minute it touched her tongue. Quickly handing it back to the waiter before he left, explaining her dislike of the dish, Amelia scarfed down the putin, forgetting about her general dainty manner for it had been awhile since she had had some real food in her belly.

Finishing the putin, Amelia began nibbling on a croissant as she awaited the coming night fall.

'Only a few short hours and I shall have your clue, vampire. Then I will find you,' Amelia thought bitterly as she slowly ate the piece of bread, becoming more and more accustomed to the soft-textures and buttery-flavor with each bite. She was rather liking the french cuisine - she would have to come back one day and truly enjoy it in the future.

When night had descended upon the small city, Amelia ordered more of the non-perishable dishes, completely using up the tab, before approaching the owner expectantly.

"Well? The sun has just set. May I please have the letter the.. gentleman," Amelia forced herself to say with a great effort, "left for me?"