View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-11-2015, 01:44 PM

"I'm afraid I can't let you wander any further, Unai." A voice from behind the limping creature called to her. Slipping from the shadows, its red form soon became visible to her eyes.

Although seemingly non-threatening, the creature before Faline wasn't something to take lightly. Having no true form, any attacker would likely phase through him, as if he were a ghost. Only, he wasn't. Well, not exactly.

Head tilting, he glanced over the creature again. "Aleu would be most displeased if she knew you had recklessly used your powers. Still," his interest fell to his finger nails, "you did well on your own so she can't be too displeased."

Eyes still gazing at his nails, he let out a smirk of approval. "Why, she might even be proud. I know I'm impressed. Thus far, I'm on the only one that seems capable of pushing these creatures back. You, by no means did that, but you were able to escape. Such talent is... rare to come by."

Fangs out, she leaped at the creature. In seconds, the crimson liquid squirted from the monster she sunk her fangs around. Jaw locking, she clamped down on the neck further. As the creature tried to break free, she dug her claws into its back and rode out the meek attempt to break free. Seconds later came the thud. Eyes rolling back and tongue falling from the maw, it took its last breath.

Crimson lips against a silvery-white muzzle were the signs of victory. Aleu, flicking her tail over the now-dead lizard-like deer, trotted away from the kill. It wasn't her style, killing for sport or without purpose, but in this forest, such traditions were meant to be broken. Creatures like that, with spoiled black fur and evil red orbs, needed to die. They weren't of this world. They weren't of this island. They were terrors brought here and unleashed foolishly on the once-humble island.

As her paws made haste down the path Faline took, Aleu's ears shot back toward the middle of the island. From the mountain she stood upon, she could see the moon's reflection in the lake just behind the row of cabins. Eyes narrowing, trying helplessly to discern what she saw, the wolf paused. An explosion of red consumed the cabin and, moments later, a figure phased through the walls. Smirk tugging at her mouth, the wolf's tail wagged happily before she rose to see out the red creature.

When she finally arrived, her blue orbs flickered around to soak up the damage dealt.

"Akina," her voice was sweet and charming, "you've laid waste to my lovely forest." Taking a seat on a rock in the mist of trees, her ears flickered to and fro to listen for him.

"Aleu," he spoke in a hushed tone, "what brings you to this tormented island?" Boldly, he moved toward her and took a seat beside her large paws. "Seems ill-fitting for someone of your status to be here. I half-expected your husband. But you? Never you."

"I came to set things right. To do that, I must first discover the truth. I was not expecting my son and daughters to be here though. What brings them out here?"

"A clever ploy hatched by the one who controls the monsters you wish to understand. Someone seems to be pulling the strings, knowing full-well that the island alone will not keep these creatures happy. Bringing in fresh bait... well, it certainly adds to the excitement."

"Akina," Aleu chuckled, "it's so nice to see you."

"As always, it is a pleasure to be humbled by your radiant grace." He bowed his head lightly.

"Still," Aleu's voice took a new direction--a harsher, colder direction-- "I don't think it's time for them to meet. Not yet. I still haven't figured out the truth. If you see a lone Unai, please send her away. I cannot have her messing with the plans. Not yet."

A sly glimmer grew in Akina's orbs. "As you wish, my lady. I would never want my master's presence to interfere with your plans. You do have a better... grasp on the situation. For now, I shall try to keep him and the others away."

"Thank you." Her tongue wrapped around his cheek. "When it is time, you will know. Until then, do what you can. Faline, she's mine. I still have much to ask her. I fear... know, I know that these creatures, the ones that taunt the island.... I know she's linked to them. I just have to figure out how."

"And why," Akina chimed in before raising to bow. "Good luck."

"Same to you."

"Akina," Aleu's voice called from beside where he and Faline stood. Her tone was light and hushed, almost as if she knew that somewhere down the way stood her children and two more Unai. "Why are you scaring my dear Faline." Her hands crossed over her chest while a small smirk played on her face.

"My lady, I would never torment your precious friend. I know better than to mess with you." Circling around Faline, his form began to shrink. What was once a man soon became a brilliant red cat. Now in his cat form, he nonchalantly moved to rub up against Aleu's leg, purring all the way.

"You're a devilish little fiend," she said while scooping him up. Stroking his forehead, Aleu's attention fell back on Faline. "I'm afraid we can't go that way. Not now. I have something I must show you and I'm afraid it's fleeting. I think it'll help you remember what you've forgotten."

Putting the cat down, Aleu turned on her heels to face the complete opposite direction of the breakfast. "Besides," a dark look flooded her eyes, "there's an issue with venom that way."

Akina smirked. "Was. I've slowly been working on fixing the air."

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene