View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-21-2015, 03:41 AM

February 2015

20/2/2015:

I wanted to write this before I forgot. It's almost nearing the end of Feb. Things have gotten much better for me this month than they were last month.
Though, I am still in a tango with my close friend, I'm starting to lose hope that I'll ever talk to her again. I think, maybe, we'll just be apart for now forever. I feel so bad about it too, because only a couple of weeks before this whole argument started I was saying, "If there's any people that are in my life that don't need to be there, I hope they leave!" And BAM! She's gone. :( I loved her, I really did. She was like a sister to me and I'm so disappointed that our friendship couldn't last forever. I still have some hope that we'll make it through this, but I haven't heard from her in a while, so I guess soon I'll just have to put up my white flag and assume that it's over.

I got my wisdom teeth removed last week. Yeah, right?! I'm old enough to have my wisdom teeth removed now! And boy, it was sheer hell! It didn't hurt or anything, but they didn't give me enough laughing gas to feel "calm" when the IV went in, I was scared shitless! And then when I fell asleep it was as though I were falling... But I was falling into my own body, so to speak. Very spooky stuff indeed! I was kind of looking forward to being high on laughing gas, so I feel a little robbed, but overall it wasn't a bad procedure.

My wisdom teeth extraction did have one complication though... I GOT DRY SOCKET! If you're reading this in the future, please look up dry socket. It's awful, my mouth tasted like something died in it and it probably smelled even worse! I couldn't figure it out and when I told my parents about the funny taste in my mouth, go figure they said, "Oh, it's normal, nothing to worry about." Thankfully, I told them I needed to see my doctor again and we found out it was dry socket. So my jaw was in pain and the pain radiated to my ears and now I have this nasty, ear-waxy gunk on my sockets to keep them patched.

I went back to work on Wednesday after missing Monday due to me feeling godawful because of my wisdom teeth and then my stupid period came on and the cramps were the worst ever! Which, I'm guessing had to do with the antibiotics I was on. Those antibiotics really messed with my hormones, I guess!

I am also concerned that I may have slowly injured myself at my job. Future self, you already know where I work and what I do. (But, assuming you're no longer working there by the time you read this next year, I work with toddlers.) You know, lifted the kids all the time, my back has been suffering something awful and I can't sleep at night because of severe back pain. My mom says I should file for worker's comp, but I don't know... My dad attempted to file for worker's comp and I've seen what companies will do to keep their money. I've also seen how the other workers treat you once they find out that you've hurt yourself on the job. It's not pretty and this is technically my first, "regular" job, so I don't want that negativity on my back. I also don't want to lose my job over something like that.

First of all, I used to work 30+ hours a week. 7+ hours a day without a break because my job said that only Lead Teachers got breaks. Which, is illegal. So I can only imagine all the tricks they'd pull to keep me from getting worker's comp and frankly, I don't feel like going through all of those hoops.

So a lot has gone on this month. Hopefully next month is even better. Next month is usually the month that I start my no-meat fast for a month or so. I really need to do that as I have been feeling so fat and unhealthy. Especially since I've been eating just crap all day for the last two weeks due to my wisdom teeth being removed...

Hopefully by next month I can eat REAL FOOD! YESS!!! And not mashed up avocados, mashed potatoes and pudding! Woot.

Here's the next month! Cheers!