View Single Post
Chai Fae
DandyLION

Old 06-19-2015, 03:45 AM

"If you yawn one more time Blake, I swear to—"

"Okay okay, I'm done, I'm awake!" Kaori lets out a deep sigh and runs her hands through her short, gangly hair. Gosh, if only her boss hadn't come out of his office. Then maybe she could've just rested her eyes for a little longer...

The rusted bell on the front door rings, and Kaori utters her greeting, almost automatically. "Hello welcome to Gray's, my name is Kaori if you need anything. Please feel free to look around," she says in a flat monotone, twirling her hair and fiddling with the fancy pen display on the counter, all while not even looking up.

"U-um, actually I was wondering if I could talk to James." The customer's voice is timid, and Kaori looks up to see that it belongs to a boy, possibly about the same age as her.

"James..?" Even if it wasn't 5:00 am, Kaori would still be just as stunned. The only people that ever wander into Gray's tiny convenience store are either the local regulars, or rowdy teenagers who seem to only visit to make a mess of the isles and leave. This boy was dressed in a (very nice) school uniform. Definitely a Royal.

"Um yes, James. He uh, he's the manager here. James Gray, Mr. Gray's son?" The boy awkwardly tugs at the hem of his blazer.

"Yes, right, James, of course I know who James is." Kaori blinks a few times. She wonders if she actually fell asleep on the job, and if this was all some odd dream. "Yeah James, he was just here." She mutters under her breath, "Just here to reprimand me again."

She pushes herself up off her little wooden stool, reaches her arms over her head to stretch, her back popping. "Kay, be right back. Don't let anyone rob us while I'm gone."

"Wha—" He starts to say, but Kaori's already gone, pushing through the 'Employees Only' marked door with a yawn.

"James, there's a really pretty boy with really pretty hair out there." Kaori barges into James "office," which is more like a makeshift desk made out of crates that has been pushed into the corner of the dimly lit storage room.

"And...?" James doesn't even look up from his DS. His stupid hair is pulled back into a stupid tiny pony tail and Kaori curses whatever god was responsible for making her have to deal with this barbarian 5 days a week. She sighs, "he said he's here for you, and if I were you right now, I'd go out there before he gets mugged or something."

Last edited by Chai Fae; 06-19-2015 at 05:23 AM..