View Single Post
CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 05-30-2015, 01:27 PM

Astoria listened to the introductions with a grin on her face. It was pretty weird, actually. The other winners were older than her but it seemed like they were even more nervous than she was. She did her best to smile at them, hoping to get them both at ease.

Tom seemed to be trying to get his companion to introduce herself. Astoria had to control herself to keep from frowning at that. Her dad did that to her too, at his office parties. She smiled as she said her name was Daisy.

"Nice to meet you too, Daisy. You too, Brid, Takahiro," she gave them her best grin. They were all so nice. Daisy seemed to be having some serious people issues. It was cute, the way Tom and Daisy were so like a sibling pair. Astoria was starting to miss Fred, her own brother.

She heard Daisy say softly that she thought Astoria and Brid were both very pretty. The compliment made her blush a bit. But she smiled at her. "I think you're really pretty, too," she said. "Both of you."

Felix was having fun already. He smiled at Tom. "Sure, why not?" he said, excitedly. "It would be fun to get out and do stuff together. The more, the merrier." He was very cheerful. He noticed Astoria looking at him, obviously wondering at his excitement.

"What, you don't like the idea?" he asked. Astoria wanted to glare at him, but didn't feel up to it, in front of everyone.

"I never said that, Felix," she said, in a low, vindictive voice.

"You can talk a little louder, you know. Nobody's gonna kill you for it."

"You're asking for another punch on the shoulder, Felix."

"Am I, now?"

"Yes you are."

Astoria was getting increasingly uncomfortable, fighting like that with everyone else watching. She really wanted to deck Felix for being such an idiot. He didn't seem uncomfortable in the least, however. She dipped her head and looked at the floor, embarrassed.