View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 01-06-2015, 02:11 PM

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 - What Brought Me to Mene

I came to Menewsha from GaiaOnline. I have been a member here since April 12, 2008. Back then, I was creating accounts on almost every avatar site I encountered because I found it fun at the time. I could be found on GaiaOnline, Roliana, Zantarni, Lilifactory, Paper Town, Chiniba, Solia, Neopets, Ernya, Avaricia, Kinsaki...and so many others whose names I have long forgotten. However, I quickly realized that being active on all dozen or so sites would be impossible. I quit most of those avatar sites within days or weeks of joining. I unsubscribed from their mailing lists so that I would not be bothered by stray emails. However, I kept Menewsha and several other sites with me. Menewsha, specifically, had some of the most wonderful avatars, in my opinion. Additionally, what little I saw of the community left me with an extremely positive impression of the site. Although I remained inactive for most of the past three and half years, I continued to return to the site whenever I received an email about an event. I loved the games that were played during these events, as well as the fact that event commons were half off and could be bought with event currency. Finally, in November 2014, I decided to stay active for the first time between events after the Halloween event finished. I remained active through the Festival of Winter Nights event, and now I'm here, still active. I started being much more active in the community here, made a ton of online friends, and now think that maybe I'll stay after all. <3